Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
View Poll Results: Should I get this boy? Pics added
Yes 18 85.71%
No 3 14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2011, 12:47 AM   #101 
Hisaki Yuki001

^_^ I wish you and him, little lucky guy, the best of luck and health with your new HM. I know you didn't name him yet, but Isa gives him that nickname, kay?
Hisaki Yuki001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:53 AM   #102 
rswfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightergirl2710 View Post
Yeah, she's like that.. Forgets easily lol!
She named the plant after the Devil Wears Prada lady's assistant XD.. I'm not naming him yet, I'm going to do what Tisia does and wait for a week X|
The funnier part was that it would take her three days to notice the new fish, lol...
rswfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:11 AM   #103 
fightergirl2710

How could I foget about her! she's so flamboyant lol!
Lol! Ok, that's a good nickname in fact! I can't wait to go and get him today! I wish this guy would open his store like normal people! >_<
Oooh, that, 3 days is actually me giving her credit. Last time it took her more than a week. Its a big house lol! You miss things XD
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:17 AM   #104 
fightergirl2710

UPDATE!
We have fish! :D I went and picked him up an hour ago.. I'm currently acclimating him. He seems nervous lol! I am nervous! After that gross water, clean water will be a shock so I'm doing this as slow as possible. The owner of the shop told me to breed him, he keeps insisting that the boy is a crowntail, I just smiled and nodded... He says he'll find a female for him.. Then I could sell him the babies.. Ugh.. No thank you!
The MGDT is still there, he seems to have developed that columnaris saddle back... :C
Wish me luck with my new lucky boy :>!
Old 07-07-2011, 10:46 AM   #105 
fightergirl2710

I don't know why but I can't edit my previous post..
Anyway, he's in the tank now. It's a one gallon but he seems to be in awe of the size. He has found a spot to sit in. He swims a little distance but goes back to that spot like he's scared he'll get lost. It's so cute XD
I haven't fed him yet, I'm waiting for him to settle a bit so maybe in an hour or so. He's really scared of me. I don't blame him. After living in a bowl and being jostled around on the walk home in the rain, I would be too!
I realised he's not very big. Seems young, slightly bigger than Sterling and Tranny, only his fins are much bigger..
Old 07-07-2011, 12:51 PM   #106 
Tisia

where are the pics?!? :p
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:17 PM   #107 
fightergirl2710

They shall come.. he be acting very lethargic right now... Hopefully its just the stress of the move and clean water, I don't want to freak him out with a flash XD
Old 07-07-2011, 02:55 PM   #108 
fightergirl2710

Ok, I have these two pics..

You can see his mouth more clearly here. He seems to have some iridescence on his lip but it stays wide open like he's going OH!

I don't know whether this is dropsy, he looks lumpy, to speak of but not pineconed like how Cleo had gotten... You can see the really bad ammonia burns on his head, the skin is very raw and he might have popeye because of that disgusting water. He swims very little right now but I'm giving him sometime to settle in for now.. Poor guy has never swam like this, I think. His face may not be much to look at but he caught an accidental view of Sterling and his flare was amazing! Definitely HM :).. I really hope he pulls through. Any suggestions?
Old 07-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #109 
Rhapsodie

Yaaaay, he's been rescued! I think he's cute in the little "zomg help me and hold me plz?" kinda way.
... And how big is your house?! I mean, if these were community fish it would be understandable, but..!
I really hope that he starts healing and feeling better soon- looks like he has a long way to go. Best of luck!
Rhapsodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:25 AM   #110 
fightergirl2710

Well, its a big apartment lol, three big bedrooms in it and only 3 people living in it. My grandmum, sister and I so there are days when you don't go into one room or another. (He's in my computer room, she never goes there) :P
He was acting very bleh in the morning so I did a partial water change, its perked him up.. I think the heater was too hot for him, I had it on 30 degrees, he musn't be used to having a heater so I toned it down to 26...

Tags
black spot mouth hm