Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-04-2011, 03:48 PM   #1 
PhilipPhish

what brand?

I know that there are a lot of brands out there that sell tanks, food, and other betta things,but I dont know which brand is best for my fish as well as my wallet. if there are is a recomended brand that only makes a certain thing that would make my fish happy and healthy, id like to know which one would woks best for my fish.

thank you!
PhilipPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:06 PM   #2 
Pitluvs

Everybody is different, every ones wallet is a different size too lol Personally, I buy my tanks second hand, whatever brand as long as the price is good. I divide mine in 'condos'. For food, I am trying to buy New Life Spectrum, but having a hard time finding it lol I am feeding whatever came with my tank. Sometimes when you want the best for your fish, you gotta pay a little extra too. Better materials are always going to cost more :)
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:13 PM   #3 
PhilipPhish

I have beem looking at TopFin products and they seem like a good brand to try out. I have a very low budget though my fish are provided with what I can aford
PhilipPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:32 PM   #4 
Littlebittyfish

Two of my favorite water conditioners are Prime and Stress coat. I use Prime all the time and I use the Stresscoat if my fish get a ripped fin or something.
Prime is a bit more expensive than some of the other stuff...but you use alot less prime.Prime is 2 drops per gallon which is nice.

As far as food I use new life spectrum betta formula. My fish love it.
I used to feed them aqueon pellets and bettamin flakes occasionally...Once I switched to the new life spectrum my guys want noting to do with the flakes though.

I love my aqueon mini siphon for my smaller tanks.
I also like the aqueon heaters. They keep my tanks at a nice steady temperature. I also use cascade heat heaters...They were pretty cheap heaters from pet supermarket but they work really well and hardly ever fluctuate.I have a hydor heater and I like it...but I have noticed it does fluctuate temperature quite a bit..Usually never goes higher..but it does it colder 2 degrees or so before it turns on again...Not really sure it was worth the 40 dollars I paid for it locally..
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:06 PM   #5 
Lion Mom

Are the Cascade heaters adjustable?

Thanks!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:02 AM   #6 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Mom View Post
Are the Cascade heaters adjustable?

Thanks!
Yep! They are glass and adjustable. I am not sure how well they would do in a larger tank...But I have a few of the 50 watts for my 3gallon critter keepers.They are pretty small heaters which is nice for the critter keepers. I believe the 50 watt is only 7". They do make the 25 watt ones but my local pet supermarket was out of them I think?So I went with the 50 watt since it was pretty small anyways. I haven't had any troubles with them yet.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:50 AM   #7 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebittyfish View Post
Yep! They are glass and adjustable. I am not sure how well they would do in a larger tank...But I have a few of the 50 watts for my 3gallon critter keepers.They are pretty small heaters which is nice for the critter keepers. I believe the 50 watt is only 7". They do make the 25 watt ones but my local pet supermarket was out of them I think?So I went with the 50 watt since it was pretty small anyways. I haven't had any troubles with them yet.
Thanks much - great to know since I will be needing a couple more heaters in the near future!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote