Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-06-2011, 03:47 PM   #31 
Rhapsodie

Oh. Well, my mom will walk him outside, but when he sees the house again he gets all excited and darts to the house full-speed. My mom can't keep up with him, so she ends up falling. Last time she got completely scraped up and chipped the bone in her hand.
I'll have to tell my friend that if I can remember WHICH ONE is getting the glider! Heck, I'll help them if it means I get to play with that adorable little thing. :D
Rhapsodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:50 PM   #32 
kathstew

Thank you guys for all the compliments, I kinda feel embarrased about them lol. I don't think its that big a deal! :P I just like animals, and I like helping them!

LOL fightergirl! It IS! Whenever they use their bathroom it leaks into their basement (nasty)! Apparently you are doing a really good job! ;)
No offense Guns a blazin, but that doesn't sound very sanitary for the gecko OR for you. I really think you should clean it more than that. :$
I agree Drama Queen, the biting was probably cause by the poor care she was getting. I'm just glad to have her <3
Thanks masshi! I'm just doin' my thing ;) LOL
Fishman, just...LOL...
Wow laughing. I'm really surprised by your age! You're only a year older than me! Thats crazy. I'm sorry that you never really had your parents, it really saddens me that children have to grow up that way. My cousin is in a similar position, but I know (and she does as well) that in the end, its going to make her a much stronger person. Which obviously, you have become yourself. You are really accomplished for a 17 year old! WOW. That's a lot of experience with dogs. I'm glad you are able to do something you like. I hope you can find an apartment relatively cheap so you can get a rotti. I'd like one some day, they seem like such big sucks! I think it'd be awesome to have a Schutzhund trained dog, very rewarding I can only imagine!
LOL In-tact dog! My dog Frank was over 2 before he finally got the snip, and OH BOY, he was quite the fellow. :P Very excited fellow if you know what I mean ;)
I really hope you will be able to get your rotti as soon as possible. Post pics when you get him! :D Good luck!!

Edit: I'll do a pic update tomorrow!!!

Last edited by kathstew; 07-06-2011 at 10:54 PM.
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:45 AM   #33 
fishman12

Was the contest that you got 3rd in the one in your sig?
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:53 PM   #34 
laughing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathstew View Post
Wow laughing. I'm really surprised by your age! You're only a year older than me! Thats crazy. I'm sorry that you never really had your parents, it really saddens me that children have to grow up that way. My cousin is in a similar position, but I know (and she does as well) that in the end, its going to make her a much stronger person. Which obviously, you have become yourself. You are really accomplished for a 17 year old! WOW. That's a lot of experience with dogs. I'm glad you are able to do something you like. I hope you can find an apartment relatively cheap so you can get a rotti. I'd like one some day, they seem like such big sucks! I think it'd be awesome to have a Schutzhund trained dog, very rewarding I can only imagine!
LOL In-tact dog! My dog Frank was over 2 before he finally got the snip, and OH BOY, he was quite the fellow. :P Very excited fellow if you know what I mean ;)
I really hope you will be able to get your rotti as soon as possible. Post pics when you get him! :D Good luck!!
Aww thanks! I adore dogs & horses, and dogs have been more available to me. I adore them, and they definitely help keep me sane! I have no clue when I'll be getting him, but I am hoping within the next year! I am very excited. Thankfully I can be showing horses in the fall.

It wasn't my parents fault, they really tried. Sometimes things just fall apart, ya know? I have a lot of lined up apartments, but none of them really want Rottweilers if they're "pet friendly" and those that don't aren't pet friendly and charge you usually at least $100 more a month to house them. So I am hoping I can maybe rent a house with a friend, with an owner who won't mind!

I can't wait for more pictures!
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:54 PM   #35 
kathstew

Fishman - Yeah the results haven't actually been announced yet (LOL) but I checked the standings a few minutes before the voting ended and I was still in third, so I am pretty confident I came in third, which means I win $100.00! :D

Laughing - I know what you mean about animals keeping you sane, its the same with me. Its one of the reasons why I have so many bettas! I'm excited for you! I'm glad you can show horses in the fall. My best friend shows horses as well, dressage and jumping, but hasn't been able to lately because her poor horse has a bone problem (I can't remember exactly what the condition is called). I wish I could ride horses, maybe once my hip is better I can ride. I rode once and it was MAGICAL. LOL
Oh I KNOW how things fall apart! My life has been like that for the last few years. I'm sorry your parents weren't around much, at least its made you a stronger person. I hope your parents can be in your life more in the future.
I hope you can find someone who can room with you, that would be great! Good luck!

Anyway, as promised here are some pictures!

Old 07-07-2011, 08:00 PM   #36 
masshiimarro

whoa is it just me... or does she look.. stronger? lol shes still cute, but she kinda looks different now?!
so, how do those tails uh, drop? it looks like its been cut in half :o
anyways, love the little grin shes giving us in the second pic! :D
masshiimarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:36 PM   #37 
Silverfang

and the people who had her... still have a dog?
report those people to the human society, guaranteed that dog is in trouble. People like that shouldn't be allowed to have animals.
I was wondering what you meant by dropped, but I can see by the pics. The poor baby. She must be strong if she survived that hell. Oh I know she'll be happy with you. I'd enjoy having a lizard, they wouldn't survive Newfoundland weather, or my cat, but I can dream.

Last edited by doggyhog; 07-07-2011 at 09:54 PM. Reason: language
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:29 PM   #38 
fightergirl2710

She's a real trooper Kath! Her eyes look so much shinier and alert and her skin looks healthier too! Amazing what a few days of care can do fo an animal! Kudos!
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:53 PM   #39 
laughing

Looooooooove<3

You're making me want one more and more, but I just can't get one, so stop making me want! D:<
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:08 AM   #40 
kathstew

She does seem stronger, masshi! She hangs on to us tighter and is even MORE friendly if thats even possible. Her tail is looking better and better everyday. I don't really know HOW it drops, I just know it does LOL. I *think* the tail has little segment-type-things, and one of the segments constricts or something and the tail falls. -shrugs- However it happens, its a cool defense that geckos have. I just wish she hadn't had to drop it!

Silverfang, unfortunately yes. Unfortunately, the humane society can't do anything :( As long as the dog has food, water and shelter, its technically deemed safe. My friend tried reporting a neighbor for ill treatment to a dog, but because they had all the above mentioned they couldn't do anything.
She is definitely the little trooper! Amazing, I'm loving her more and more everyday!

Thanks fightergirl! She's a lot more active and happy looking! She is much more alert, and her eyes are stunning! I LOVE her eyes.

LOLLLLL Laughing, you WANTED more pictures, so you got them ;) Glad you like her!

Little Update: My mom is in love with her now! She's always saying "take her out and let me hold her!" or if I'm holding her and mom comes in the room and see's her "Ooh, let me hold her!" LOL! I'm glad she's warming up to her.
My grandparents and cousin are coming to visit tomorrow, and my grandma is a bit squeamish at these things, so I'm interested in seeing her reaction to her.
You guys should see her hunt her crickets! It's AWESOME. I'll try and get a video of her for you guys. And when she sees her worm treats, she does this weird head thing like, "OMGOMGOMG - its a worm! A WORM! FOR ME OMG!" And then she gobbles it down with her eyes closed! LOL!