Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-05-2011, 02:31 PM   #1 
fightergirl2710

Question Is this guy's upper lip normal?

Ok, this is a boy I plan to rescue tomorrow but I really need to get an idea as to whether his mouth is normal or if this is some fungus/ disease. If it is I want to start treatment asap that is why I'm asking before I get him. It appears swollen and may or may not be fuzzy. He eats and is active.
Currently he is in a bad living condition, half gallon bowl half full of filthy water.. He has ammonia burns as well. Please tell me what the sore looking spot is. Thanks!
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:46 PM   #2 
fightergirl2710

Oh, also his back doesn't look round like most bettas. It angles from the head to the dorsal fin. Is this alright? Will he have trouble later in life because of it? I'm sorry for all the questions. If I buy him, he would be my first HM and here, they're expensive. At the same time he is a rescue from a badly kept place, I want to make sure he survives and I'm being paranoid. I've thought of every weird thing that could be wrong with him like TB or cotton mouth.. I'm overreacting. -_-
Help! For my sanity :<
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:52 PM   #3 
MikiMaki

To me it kind of looks like mouth "fungus" which is actually a bacterial infection caused by poor water conditions. Antibacterials or a phenoxyethanol based remady help treat it. If it's just on the outside.
MikiMaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:52 PM   #4 
Indyfishy

Wow that is really strange looking, I've never seen anything like that O_o. It almost looks like his mouth is swollen! Maybe he had an injury that got infected. Or maybe its just some kind of deformity. I see the bend in his spine that you mentioned, I'm not sure if that would indicate TB or not. If he's been in really bad conditions for a while, he could potentially have it. Hopefully someone else can take a look at this, cuz i'm pretty stumped lol!!! It would be a real shame if he had a terrible illness like TB, he's so pretty!!!
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:15 PM   #5 
Tikibirds

Poor fishie :(
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote