Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-06-2011, 11:44 AM   #11 
Rhapsodie

MMMMMM. Cookie dough sounds good. Of course, you would have to leave it out to that it's a bit liquid-y or something... right?
Rhapsodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:02 PM   #12 
laughing

I cant have anything 'runny' because my cheek is like dead weight on the right side so anything that spills away from my direct swelling route is a PAIN to retrieve ;( But, eggs are a definite good idea, I should try making some soft ones and see if it works! It is breakfast, too!

Soups I will need to try...

I was considering Rice-a-Roni? It is usually very soft, and full of flavor.. I like the chicken broth just by itself because it is one of the few things I can actually taste, LOL!

Milkshakes sometimes work, depending on how thick they are. I had a smoothie yesterday and it hurt like heck, and the little berry seeds kept scraping my mouth, so I guess I need to find a softer one?? Hubby made me a protein shake, which tasted good, but was so gritty, I will have to find a new way to make it and get it down! I know theyre good for me...

Right now for breakfast I am having applesauce and diced peaches, and will probably smush up a banana and take half an hour to eat it... ;) But I will try an egg! This sucks, I am babysitting my man's little brother today for their mom and he had waffles and syrup, *sigh*.
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:27 PM   #13 
Wyvern

laughing - just get someone to whizz the soup for you in a blender. I hate chunky soups but Im addicted to soup in winter (yes its winter here :P). I have soup every second day for lunch and make my own, once its cooked, whilst hot, I pour it into a blender and just whizz it till its smooth.

Try scrambled eggs? They will be less messy I think.

Im trying to remember what I had when my wisdom teeth where removed.

Try mashed potatoes, yoghurt (smooth kind), ummmm my mind is a blank tonite :P
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:59 PM   #14 
laughing

I definitely have the yogurt, jello, pudding, mashed potato thing going on, LOL! But so far I am just losing weight and I have no energy left because of how malnurished I am, so right now I need to find real food to eat or else I am afraid I won't be able to walk more than a lap around the house!

Does the soup still taste good?? I might need to try that... I really like basic chicken noodle with the real flimsy soft noodles because it is easy to slurp up and get down :3

Ahh, Africa! Winter! Coldness! WHOA! LOL! I have a friend who goes to Australia every summer, and it is so funny to see rainy and cold pictures of their family all bundled up.. It is weird to think in our Christmas time, the other half of the world is in shorts... o_0 My teacher (who is a vet) travels to Africa (I don't think S.A. though) every year for safari and wildlife health stuff (he is big into elephants, he is not a normal vet, a zoo vet, and elephants are his #1 thing). He says it is gorgeous there and one of his favorite places to visit. I think Africa is often over-looked!

I have been making simen (or saimin) and just ate it with my fingers :P It was yummy, though! Took me forever and I just made one single package, and then I had some poached salmon that was made extra soft. So last night for once I actually got nutrition! This morning though, not so much... -.-
Old 07-06-2011, 03:23 PM   #15 
HayrideHaunter

if youre looking for healthy desserts, freezing bananas, then pureeing them is supposed to make them almost exactly like ice cream! nice and soft and rather tasty =)

as far as meat, perhaps a roast in a crock pot for the better part of a day? they tend to get VEEEEEERY soft and you would be able to easily swallow small shreds at a time...and Im sure the red meat will help you get your energy back =)
HayrideHaunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:41 PM   #16 
laughing

Oooh... I wanna try that banana trick!

I should try the roast. My mom always made this delicious roast when I was younger, and it was super tender and soft. I am sure if I could shred it up into smaller pieces that normal I could get it down, great idea!! Plus, I loveeee the cooked carrots in there and the broth! It should be a yummy treat!

Hubby's mom is all "let's have chicken for dinner" and I'm all "let's not!". She won't even be home anyways, it will just be me, him, and his little brother. So SHE can have chicken, I'm trying lasagna! The cheesy goodness and meaty sauce sounds so delicious right now :D I am going to punch a hole in the wall if I make it and can't eat it though >.<

LOL!
Old 07-06-2011, 04:13 PM   #17 
HayrideHaunter

well just remember to really squish the beef up into tiny bits, and cut small pieces up to bite! hope it all works out!
Old 07-06-2011, 04:23 PM   #18 
laughing

Most things that are easy to swallow don't fit in my mouth, I can barely open my jaw... So I will HAVE to do tiny pieces! Thank you bunches HH!(:
Old 07-06-2011, 04:51 PM   #19 
Littlebittyfish

This curry lentil soup is pretty good..I tried it the other night..I added a potato and threw in a bunch of other veggies but I followed mainly this recipe:
http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recip...?recipe=420175

butternut squash soup is yummy too.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:57 PM   #20 
HayrideHaunter

yw...hope you feel better!!!