Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-06-2011, 06:31 PM   #1 
elijahfeathers

Aqueon heaters?

So the other day I found out my stealth pro had been added tp the recall liat-- the one I had in my ten gallon. When I went into the petco the only other adjustable heater they had in stock for my tank size was an Aqueon 50w submersible heater. it seems to have decent reviews-- though it also seems that they can make loud clicking sounds and also have a tenancy to hold a steady temp, but be 7-10 degrees higher than you set it to. (So like if you set it at 70 it might be 80, if you set it at 60 it might be 70, you see? Holds the temp right, just sometimes apparently what it says on the label is wrong.

Anyway, has anyone had any experience with these? I'm a little worried. I don't want my fish to fry. lol
elijahfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:24 AM   #2 
Littlebittyfish

I really like the aqueon heaters. Mine made a weird clicking/knocking sound for the first month or two..but they don't anymore?
They keep my tank at a nice steady temperature though.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:17 AM   #3 
PhilipPhish

I like Aqueon, I have a tank and filter system, though the filter isn't suitable for Betta's.

I've never had a heater though, but I'm planning on buying one this December.
PhilipPhish is offline   Reply With Quote