Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-07-2011, 08:07 PM   #21 
Rhapsodie

Got some pics, uploading them right now..
Maybe.. Could be she wants it a bit higher (It's a 79 right now.. Might move it to 80 if I have to) But then again, she is staying away from the heater. I'll try adding or removing a degree and we'll see what happens~!
Photo Time!:

Left to right- Solaris, Phyre, and Asteria (in the background)

Asteria last night. This picture actually turned out well!

A glimpse at the corner of their tank. I need to get more plants for the top before I show the rest, but the bottom is well planted!

I just took a few more, too, but suddenly my SD card is not loading on properly. I'll try again later.
Rhapsodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:29 PM   #22 
Rhapsodie

I wish I could still edit. ._.''
Looking at the pictures, Asteria appears to have a bit of velvet. Am I just imagining the gold on her? (you can see it in the solo picture of her)
To be safe, I added some aquarium salt and quite a bit of bettazing. The salt should help with the stress anyway. I hope it's nothing, but I suppose it's better to be safe than sorry, right?
Old 07-08-2011, 10:01 AM   #23 
Rhapsodie

UPDATE: So, the water is all green and bettazing-y. I hate the color change, but Asteria does seem a bit more active today, so I guess it's worth it! She gave me a heart attack earlier though: she wasn't moving at ALL! I grabbed a net and right as it touched the water, fwoooom! Off she went. I'm about to try feeding them a bit, so let's see if she feels like eating today! (the other two are pigs... and hams! I grab the camera and BAM! There they are, following me around XD)
Nope, still not eating. The other two were glad to eat her share, though! :P I've tried pellets and freeze-dried blodworms so far. I might try the frozen bloodworms next so that I can rule out a picky appetite, but that can wait for tomorrow!
On the plus side, her color is better than yesterday- she was looking grey and yellow last night! I'm glad to see some blue again.