Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-13-2011, 04:01 AM   #21 
masshiimarro

oh and so because of the swallowing issue his appetite doesnt seem as good anymore..
masshiimarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:00 AM   #22 
Sakura8

That's weird all right. What fungus med are you planning on using?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #23 
masshiimarro

yup, wierd
i plan on using jungle fungus clear, since thats the closest fungal type medication we have here..
Old 07-13-2011, 08:54 PM   #24 
Sakura8

Poor guy, I hope the meds help. Definitely do try them. Anything, at this point.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:58 PM   #25 
DarkMoon17

Sounds like cloudy eye. I believe it is the result of an infection but don't quote me on that. The scratch was probably unrelated. You can try 1tsp/gal Epsom Salt and Jungle's Fungus Clear. Daily 100% water changes.

The eating trouble could be just because he doesn't feel 100% or the pellets are either too big or not to his tastes anymore. Try offering frozen foods to see if that perks him up. Good luck!
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:24 AM   #26 
masshiimarro

yeah, i feed frozen bloodworms as well normally, he seems to appreciate those ones especially now. ive moved his diet to consist more of frozen bloodworms, and just one or two pellets. he will eat one pellet easy, but then the second one is where he stops.

and you said an infection? what kind of infection might it have been?
and for the fungus clear can i prefizz the tablet into a desired amount of water and store it away? or do i have to do it right when i need it in order to work?
Old 07-14-2011, 12:35 AM   #27 
DarkMoon17

Frozen is the next best thing to live so it's perfect. As long as he eats those don't worry too much. If he stops eating frozen foods let us know asap.

I believe it is bacterial, but Fungus Clear works on both bacterial and fungal infections. In general, eyes are the window to their internal works. The fluid in their eyes is the same fluid that you find throughout the body. If something is wrong with the inside of their eye that is a sign that they have an internal imbalance of some sort throughout their body. That's why it is so important to look for "clean" eyes when you are pet shopping.

You can "prefizz" the tab in dechlorinated water and store it for a few days. I usually put the mixture somewhere dark since some medications are light sensitive. I wouldn't keep the mixture for more than 5 days... I'm sure they lose effectiveness after awhile. You can also premix some Epsom Salt but don't mix the medication and the Epsom salt until you add them to the tank. I don't know if storing them together will reduce their effectiveness but it's better to play it safe.
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:04 AM   #28 
masshiimarro

hmm.. i wouldnt say its the inside of his eye thats cloudy, just the surface of it. i mean, ive seen his eyes with his head directly facing me, and his eyes in that sense are clear.
but anywhoo, how long would you reccomend this treatment?
Old 07-14-2011, 01:09 AM   #29 
Sakura8

DarkMoon, I'm curious how he could get cloudy eye when the water is clean? I know cloudy eye is a result of poor water quality but I believe Masshiimarro practices excellent husbandry and keeps the water very clean. So are there other things that cause cloudy eye that are unrelated to water quality? I would definitely like to know so I can be aware of these causes with my own fish.