Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-07-2011, 09:25 AM   #1 
mschneider145

Fins Shredded?

Hi All! I just got my Betta 5 days ago and he never seemed right. When I brought him home and put him in my 10 gallon tank - I followed the "Your New Betta - Day One!" He just layed at the bottom and came up every once in awhile for air. He always did the darting. Now it looks like his fins are falling apart. I am going to go out and get a water test kit, aquarium salts and try and find a small container to put him in until he heals as per your Betta Fish Disease and Treatment Part 1 - conservative method. I have included a picture so you can see what I mean.
Attached Images

mschneider145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:39 AM   #2 
newbie32

The picture is a little hard to see, but it very well could be fin rot. Definitely follow the directions for fin rot. I believe it's something like 1 tsp AQ salt per 1 gal conditioned water. Qt is good. Easier to change the water. You can float the QT in the tank so that the water stays warm, but remember to secure the QT so that it doesn't go under any filter and get flipped. That can be disasterous!
newbie32 is offline   Reply With Quote