Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-07-2011, 09:48 AM   #1 
PhilipPhish

10gallon tanks...

I was wondering how many male Betta's I could keep in a divided 10 gallon tank.

I currently have 2 males that I wish to put in one once I've purchased it, but I'd really like to get another one and I don't know if I could fit 3 in it or if I would have to get a 15 gallon instead...

Little help please!

Or I might get a 20 gallon and a goldfish and 3 males, but I don't know how many Betta's I can keep in a 10-20 gallon tank because I like them to have room.

I'm getting really into my Betta fish and I'm planning to start a breeding venture in the future years, and I'm trying to pick nice pairs, but I need more tanks and stuff, so it really helps if I can get advice and you could answer my questions.

Thanks guys!

It helps a lot!

~S.Hill and the Boys
PhilipPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #2 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipPhish View Post
I was wondering how many male Betta's I could keep in a divided 10 gallon tank.

I currently have 2 males that I wish to put in one once I've purchased it, but I'd really like to get another one and I don't know if I could fit 3 in it or if I would have to get a 15 gallon instead...

Little help please!

Or I might get a 20 gallon and a goldfish and 3 males, but I don't know how many Betta's I can keep in a 10-20 gallon tank because I like them to have room.

I'm getting really into my Betta fish and I'm planning to start a breeding venture in the future years, and I'm trying to pick nice pairs, but I need more tanks and stuff, so it really helps if I can get advice and you could answer my questions.

Thanks guys!

It helps a lot!

~S.Hill and the Boys
You can keep up to three male bettas in a divided 10 gallon.Betta fish cant be kept with goldfish though. Bettas are tropical fish and require different living conditions. A 20 gallon would be fine for 1 goldfish though.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:08 AM   #3 
PhilipPhish

OK, thank you!

Are there any small fish that can be kept with them or should I just go get some snails from my papas house?

I had a frog....but it didn't really make it...my room was an inadequate place for a frog...R.I.P Frog

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to make my fishees happy. : )
Old 07-07-2011, 10:24 AM   #4 
ds2009

If youre putting three bettas into that 10 gal then you wont be able to put in any other kinds of fish. If it was just one betta you could put a small community of fish in there with him but thats really it. You can keep a snail or two in the tank with the 2-3 boys though.
ds2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:28 AM   #5 
PhilipPhish

Alright, thanks!
I told me mum that I wanted a 10 gallon, 2 dividers, and maybe a heater... but I'm going to ask me sisters to get me a HM for Christmas since me burfday was in March and I got a small 1.5 Gallon betta tank(no heater though)...

My papa lives on a ranch, and theres lots of streams and water and stuff, so I was going to hunt down a snail or 2 this summer and the will live in Philips tank until Christmas!!!

Yay! making plans for my fish!
Old 07-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #6 
Pitluvs

You can make dividers for cheap using:

Slide Gripe Report Covers

And...

Needle Point Craft Sheets

I silicone mine to the sides of my tanks though!

Divided Tank
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:46 AM   #7 
PhilipPhish

I'll have to try that! Sounds easy, I'll post pictures if I do. : )

Thanks fro all the help guys!
Old 07-07-2011, 11:54 AM   #8 
Betty

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipPhish View Post
Alright, thanks!
I told me mum that I wanted a 10 gallon, 2 dividers, and maybe a heater... but I'm going to ask me sisters to get me a HM for Christmas since me burfday was in March and I got a small 1.5 Gallon betta tank(no heater though)...

My papa lives on a ranch, and theres lots of streams and water and stuff, so I was going to hunt down a snail or 2 this summer and the will live in Philips tank until Christmas!!!

Yay! making plans for my fish!
When collecting wild snails you must be careful as they are the best way for parasites to invade your tanks, snails are a brilliant "host" for parasites and if you pick the wrong one to put in your tank, you are giving the parasites another "host" in the form of your fish, they cannot survive without a living off of another animal, they are also known to be very ignorant, overpopulating their host that much that they can kill the fish-and themselves, so do be careful, google fish parasites, there are some seriously gross fact files on them and their life cycles, good luck!!!
Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:46 PM   #9 
PhilipPhish

Alright I'll be careful. thanks for all the help guys!