Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-08-2011, 01:07 PM   #1 
Minxies

Omg could it be?!?!!?~~

So, I come home today to find this in Aoi's tank.

Being essentially a first time Betta owner, I'm not sure if it's just bubbles, or if it's Aoi's fist bubble nest. I'm hoping it is his first bubblenest!! I'll be so proud of him if it is. lol
Minxies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:10 PM   #2 
Pitluvs

I remember how I felt when Venom was blowing nests, I would destroy when I water changed and an hour later there was another nest lol

To me it looks like one, I know they like to put them against walls, and thats around a tube. Hope to hear what others think!
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:18 PM   #3 
fightergirl2710

Yeah, definitely looks like one! Although with the thread name and the colour I thought it was an UFO sighting at first lol!!
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:23 PM   #4 
metalbetta

Hehe... I have that tank. lol
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:35 PM   #5 
Pitluvs

Me too! I went out and bought one after seeing them on here! I now know where to look for bubbles.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:47 PM   #6 
Abby

yeh a bubble nest.
@pitluvs; bettas will nest around anything, most will nest on the walls because of the stable starting point. Bob will nest under plant leaves across the water surface and nero will nest around the pipes, when pippin was in the sump of the salt tank (while it was still just fresh water) he nested everywhere lol
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:10 PM   #7 
Arashi Takamine

My betta's nest on anything that they can move the bubbles against. Akira's built them on the bamboo, on the heater, above the buddha, against the thermomitor...He even reorganized it. >_<; No I'm not kidding he pushed it into sections and I watched as he shoved them together like a puzzle.
Kai builds them under his leaves. It's interesting during waterchanges to lift up the leaves and see what my little bubble fiend has been doing. Three nests. Without fail he always builds three seperate nests.

But yeah that's definietly a bubble nest! Congrats!
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:47 PM   #8 
pinksnowme

Very cool picture!
It took me a couple of seconds to figure out what I was looking at...
Ah an alien bubble nest!
pinksnowme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:00 PM   #9 
Minxies

fightergirl2710 & pinksnowme- >:3 heeheeee, alien bubblenest. Love it! (My tank has an LED under it that changes colors; so it really makes his tank look trippy. Doesn't help that I put his plants in and they glow in the dark, lmao)

Pitluvs & metalbetta- Lol, I know. After awhile I turned on the bubbler in his tank so the tank could circulate rather than just having the faint flow of his little filter; and the bubblenest got destroyed since it was right above the bubbler. (Which is ironic, him making it there lol) I love the tank he's in though. He used to be in this triangular 1gal. By Aquaview? I don't remember the company name. But I felt bad, him being stuffed in that 1gal. :/ So I got him that 3gal. Heehee, lots of room for him now!

Arashi Takamine- EEEE!!!~ *Puffs her chest out a bit proudly* Such a good boy.. *misty eyed*
Minxies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:47 PM   #10 
Arashi Takamine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minxies View Post
fightergirl2710 & pinksnowme- >:3 heeheeee, alien bubblenest. Love it! (My tank has an LED under it that changes colors; so it really makes his tank look trippy. Doesn't help that I put his plants in and they glow in the dark, lmao)

Pitluvs & metalbetta- Lol, I know. After awhile I turned on the bubbler in his tank so the tank could circulate rather than just having the faint flow of his little filter; and the bubblenest got destroyed since it was right above the bubbler. (Which is ironic, him making it there lol) I love the tank he's in though. He used to be in this triangular 1gal. By Aquaview? I don't remember the company name. But I felt bad, him being stuffed in that 1gal. :/ So I got him that 3gal. Heehee, lots of room for him now!

Arashi Takamine- EEEE!!!~ *Puffs her chest out a bit proudly* Such a good boy.. *misty eyed*
And I bet he'll make it bigger too! :)
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote