Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-08-2011, 06:16 PM   #11 
newfiedragon

He gets fed Nutrafin pellets and some thawed bloodworms once a week. But I've only had him for a week, so I don't know what he was being fed before.
newfiedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:38 PM   #12 
Creat

My babies start growing dragoning right after their other darker colors like red and blue come in right on top? However I have seen some of my marbles change and their dragon starts to come in I wouldnt worry to much :) He is really small and is still developing.
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:53 PM   #13 
newfiedragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfiedragon View Post
He gets fed Nutrafin pellets and some thawed bloodworms once a week. But I've only had him for a week, so I don't know what he was being fed before.
I just realized that this quote makes it sound like I only feed my fish once a week!

He gets fed the pellets every day.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:42 PM   #14 
Silverfang

ooooooooo *drools* I am so jealous, don't buy all her babies!
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:58 PM   #15 
PitGurl

Genetics has a lot to do with it also. Some only get a light layer of metallic and others it comes in thick. Give him a couple months and if he hasn't changed a lot then he probably won't. He's a handsome guy either way .
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:16 AM   #16 
Larsa

Hmmmm that white one doesnt look like a dragon scale too me : / a true dragon scale will have a layer of scales thart are bright and look like they were painted on. Albino? The other guy totally is tho, gorgeous color! : D My baby dragon scale, Japan, is only under 3 months old and he has all of his colors and fins developed. hes just soooo darn tiny, an inch long. :3
Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:32 AM   #17 
Arashi Takamine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
Hmmmm that white one doesnt look like a dragon scale too me : / a true dragon scale will have a layer of scales thart are bright and look like they were painted on. Albino? The other guy totally is tho, gorgeous color! : D My baby dragon scale, Japan, is only under 3 months old and he has all of his colors and fins developed. hes just soooo darn tiny, an inch long. :3
I've seen white dragon HM's listed on aquabid but with the white ones isn't it hard to tell if they have the dragon scales or not?
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:55 AM   #18 
newfiedragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
ooooooooo *drools* I am so jealous, don't buy all her babies!
I wouldn't have room for all of them! Wish I could, though. She has LOTS that aren't jarred yet!

Last edited by newfiedragon; 07-09-2011 at 08:03 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:02 AM   #19 
newfiedragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi Takamine View Post
I've seen white dragon HM's listed on aquabid but with the white ones isn't it hard to tell if they have the dragon scales or not?
The breeder had his mom and dad there, and you could see their dragon scales really well. And they were HUGE! His dad was about a year old. Not sure about his mom. They were both the same colouring as Pendragon. So I'm hopefull.

It doesn't matter if he gets his dragon scales of not, he's still really cute! I think he's gonna be gorgeous when he gets bigger! I'm just wondering if there's any specific timeline for the scales to develop, that's all.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:54 AM   #20 
Luimeril

it may just take him a little while. or, he may already have them, you just can't see them. :3
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote