Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-08-2011, 05:52 PM   #1 
tlyons01

Ideas or opinions for a divided tank project

Hello,
I currently have 3 male bettas, housed in 1 gal, 1 gal and 2.5 gal. I also have a 55 gal bow front that has 3 silver dollars in it. I have really been looking at divided tanks for my bettas. I was thinking about converting the 55 gal tank into 3 homes for them. Any idea how to go about doing that? And then I also wonder about where the heater and filter should be placed with a setup like that, would it need to be in the middle area in order to circulate? I have never considered doing this before and I did search this forum before deciding to ask. I did not see anything for LARGE tanks, or bowfronts. Though I may have missed something. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your opinions...
tlyons01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:04 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

How many watts is your heater? Yeah, you could put it in the middle. Make sure you monitor the water temperature to see if the heat is circulating. I've heard of people using 2 smaller heaters in a large tank to keep it warm enough.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:24 PM   #3 
Pitluvs

And what are you going to do with your silvers? Personally, I would never use a 55g for 3 fish LOL
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:08 AM   #4 
tlyons01

Well thats the thing, I had thought about putting the SD in a smaller tank. I have decided since, though, to divide a 10 gal instead. The third betta is going into a 3 gal. I have slowly purchased the required items over the last week so that I can start the cycling in the 3 gal. The reason I didn't want to use it before is because its an aquaview that i found used, and I like to have something wider than I do taller. I did not know that until after i tried. So anyway, my husband didn't like the 3 way split idea of that big ol tank. So I suppose I will just a few more SD and somethings else. Thanks for responding though. I had thought I might get responses sooner, that might have swayed me one way or the other... But I have 2 projects to work on now.. Have a great day!
tlyons01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:20 PM   #5 
Kytkattin

You could also split a 10 gallon 3 ways. I mean, you could still go with the 3 gal for one fish, but then you could have 3 fish in your 10 gallon. 4 total. Just a thought.
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote