Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-08-2011, 10:40 PM   #21 
bettalover2033

My mom, is confusing. She doesn't care how many bettas nor fish i have as long as i take care of them and keep them out of her way. I once had 20 bettas and they were all in my room:).

She also is kind of interested in my breeding, like my first breeding, she loved it but sometimes it can get to her lol.

Like sometimes she would say *sigh* another one...and when ever i ask for money and she asks what for, i get kinda nervous to say its for a fish lol.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:43 PM   #22 
Toxi86

Now that I'm an adult and paying the bills, I can understand where a parent would come from with the limiting on the number of pets. (Fish or otherwise) but I remember the first time my mother gave me the ultimatum of getting rid of a pet each time I brought home a new one.

But that being said, that law was laid down after I brought home three litters of kittens to foster (who ALL found homes btw), a bird from work (my hand-fed baby Renegade: RIP), already had my cat, my dog, 2 rats, a single male betta and a community tank with guppies I'd adopted from the store I worked at. (The manager was planning on feeding the fry to the aggressive fish in store. I got permission to give them a home instead; because we couldn't sell them.

So, over all I am with you on the whole "this limit blows" but as I look back, I can understand your parents putting a limit.
Toxi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:55 PM   #23 
copperarabian

My mom's main thing was she wanted me to stop spending money on my fish, like buying new fish. She doesn't really care if I have to buy food or something. I spend way to much money while going to school, I feel really bad about it, and had planned to save all my money for next semester but instead I bought fish. I'll just have to be better at spending less money when school starts. I feel bad since I don't have a good job, and I have to quite once school starts :(
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:22 PM   #24 
Johnificent

:O i do understand my parent's point of view, though I constantly ask my parents why, and they say we can afford it, but... they think i'm getting too close to bettas, they're scared that if one of my bettas get sick, i wont sleep until he's better, and i dont know why, they dont want me getting too close to them ): my dad was telling me when i just got my second betta XD
Johnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:47 AM   #25 
YoshesMom

I love my mom! she pretty much lets me do whatever I want and sometimes she surprises me like with my dragons i sent her a picture of both cause i couldnt pick and she said..hmm get both and paid for them!! she really is the best mom ever shes even "adopted" some of my betta she will be like oooo I LOVE THAT ONE ITS MINE and im ok with it cause its still in the same house so i let her have her fun to..she even does her own water changes
YoshesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:54 AM   #26 
Shaon

We kept an aquarium in the living room with no fish. It was just there, doing nothing. I asked my parents to give me the tank and I would shoulder the responsibility of it. I mean, no one else was taking care of it >.>

So now it's in my room and the family couldn't care less what I do with my new betta hobby as long as the cash is coming out of my own pocket :P
Shaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:41 PM   #27 
bettalover2033

Well i understand why parents would put a limit on any animal or fish, because any other species other than fish is just another loving mouth to feed. =D
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:05 PM   #28 
Johnificent

hahhaa, that is so true! i have news! i think my limit is going up to three! my aunt was telling me how she went to the dollar store to find a whole shelf of bettas... but.. they were all in tiny cups full of blue poopy water.... she told me she'll take me there next time when i go to her work X) she also said that we're not only going to look, we're going to save a betta! :D i told my mom the story and she approved of it! :D im very happy to save another betta, im so pumped right now! hahaha XD
Old 07-09-2011, 02:25 PM   #29 
YoshesMom

betta at the dollar store??
YoshesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:28 PM   #30 
Johnificent

i know right! i was surprised to hear that! X) my aunt has one now, i dont know what her set up is, but she saved him, and thats all worth it! i cant wait to save one too!