Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-08-2011, 08:01 PM   #1 
kngiraffe

is it normal for my betta to be flaring at the back of his tank?

i have one of those sea like wallpapers on the back of my tank that you can buy at the pet store. well not to long ago i caught flame flaring at the back wall of the tank. and then like 20 minutes later, just a minute ago i caught him doing it again. is that alright? what should i do? i'll post a picture of what my tank looks like.

kngiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:06 PM   #2 
Minxies

Keep an eye on him. I know if I put anything in Aoi's tank that's new, he'll either stay away from it, or flare at it until he realizes it wont hurt him; or that it's just something that he's curious about and he'll investigate it.

If he shows signs of stress; it might be wise to pull the wallpaper off. It's pretty brightly colored so he might be flaring at it because it's bright, like him. lol If he stays overfocused on it and flares at it constantly for over 10 to 15 minutes, then you might wanna pull the wallpaper off too; so he doesn't wear himself out too much. :3
Minxies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:13 PM   #3 
kngiraffe

well, i did just move his tank from my desk to my night stand an hour ago. but i took the wallpaper off, and it then looked like he was flaring at the heater, but i took that out and then i just got him flaring again at nothing. so i just fed him some. and he literally attacked ever little piece that i gave to him.

last night, i think it was, he was starting to look pale so i put some betta revive in the other night but before that i took about 20% of his water out and today he looks just like his normal self. like i tried to fed him last night and he just wouldn't go after anything at all. but then today, it's a whole new flame.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:32 PM   #4 
kngiraffe

so, i tried sticking a piece of black paper behind it and he still flared at it.

what can i do?!