Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-09-2011, 07:11 PM   #1 
Sephy765

Floating Live Plants

So im trying to find some cover for my female betta as well as a place for the male to start his bubble nest. I figured if I get a plant that floats on the top of my aquarium im killing two birds with one stone. Does anyone know of the names of some bulbs of plants that float on the top of the water or know where I might find floating aquarium plants?

Thank you for your time
Sephy
Sephy765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:21 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

My favorite floating plant by me and my males love to use for their nest....water lettuce.....usually you can find this at shops that sell pond supplies..goldfish, Koi...etc.....

Another plant I like is the tiger lily....you can usually get the dry bulbs at walmart too in the fish/aquarium department...pretty cheap....however, IME...its a 50/50 success to get them to grow...but once you get one going they send up a nice lily pad and you can propagate off the bulb too...I have made several new plants from one bulb...with one that is nearly 5-6 years old now.....so a long lived bulb......

Last edited by Oldfishlady; 07-09-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote