Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-24-2011, 09:50 PM   #1 
MrNighttime

Crowntails for $3.47..goodprice?

So on a reluctant trip to Wal-Mart, I passed through the aquatic section...perhaps I am a masochist...anyway, they had several beautiful crowntails for $3.47..the same as the other bettas. Is that a good price? I know it is cheaper than Petco.

I didn't get any as my girlfriend told me, "Please not another fish until payday...they can wait."

I feel bad for such pretty things being pent up in a cup.

Also, I looked in the standard tanks and was appalled at what i saw. One tanks had 8 dead fish...the next one had 3....the one under had 2....etc.etc. There had to be 100 small fish in one tank...my god...isn't that cruelty???

WhenI pointed out to the Wally World employee that they were overcrowding the fish she said, "It's what we receive in shipment so we put them in there and they are just cheap fish anyway." I pointed out that that was why they probably had so many dead fish. "Yeah....they do that sometimes."

WTH.

Is it just me?

Last edited by dramaqueen; 08-01-2011 at 05:06 PM.
MrNighttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:03 PM   #2 
Pitluvs

This is just like my LPS... they put at least a hundred fish in each tank of the same species. Doesn't matter if it's 20 or 200, they don't use two tanks for 1 type. The day after their shipment there was dead fish in each tank, and yes that is to be expected after shipment. 2-3 or 5 is understandable. My LPS has over 20 dead swordtails in 1 tank and the employee got snappy at me for asking him to clean them up! The best part? I went there to BUY SWORDTAILS at $8 each! I told the guy, you just lost a sale buddy! I'll just keep from fry from my own swordtails (I found a baby the other day!) But yeah, it's all too common sadly.

And our LPS sells VT only, black/blues. They are $6.97 each. I would pee my pants if I saw CT's at $4. I'd buy them all!
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:34 AM   #3 
diablo13

Yes, if they are in good conditions, it is a good deal. I only. By my bettas at 1 local LPS that rarely has them, or my local petco. Petcos CT boys are like 8.00, and the LPS is 12( where I got Diablo, i somehow convinced him they cost less them petco fish) :)
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:54 AM   #4 
freeflow246

It seems like a good deal. My delta was $7, and the Petco near me prices their bettas differently based on color and finnage. One was $25. :o
freeflow246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:52 AM   #5 
Luimeril

it's a good deal. the pet store i always get my bettas from sells CTs for over $8(if they even mark them as CTs! they often just leave them un-marked, thus selling for just over $4). so, that's a steal. :d
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:17 PM   #6 
TheBlueBettaFish

Yep, that a very good deal.
TheBlueBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:50 PM   #7 
newfiedragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
And our LPS sells VT only, black/blues. They are $6.97 each. I would pee my pants if I saw CT's at $4. I'd buy them all!
Is that Pets Unlimited, Pitluvs?

If it is, then it's the same here. They only sell the CTs when they decide to put them on sale. The biggest one here is pretty good for females, though.
newfiedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:17 PM   #8 
Silverfang

I rescued my Scuzi from Pets, every time I look at their "betta wall" I cringe, usually dull black/blue vts who look so depressed! In every store I've seen that has CT's for sale, always been like double the price of a VT
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:50 AM   #9 
MrNighttime

Well I went back today and all the crowntails were gone. I am hoping they went to good homes.

But....I saw a female betta there in a pathetic cup. I took pics so that when i figure out technology I can post. But her cup li was covered in scuzz...might have been old food...who knows. Looked like my kitchen floor back in 1986 after a party. Her water was clousy and loads of poop and such covering the bottom.

She's just a average blueish with red fins...much like Pickle. The light in the WallyWorld made her seem different I guess. But no matter...her name is Dazzler.
MrNighttime is offline   Reply With Quote