Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-10-2011, 02:15 PM   #1 
BlakbirdxGyarados

First Petco betta... but how did they even...? o.o

I have never seen a female cellophane... males, yeah. But a female?...
How did Petco even get something like her?! D:

Ironically I got her the day Uncle died. (I didn't find out he died until July 4th... I've been out of town.) My grandmother and I went to the Petco near where she lives 'cause she needed dog food. I decided to look around a bit (at the fish of course) and came across where the bettas were. I'm happy to say they looked like they were decently cared for (unless we happened to stop by the day they actually change the water), and I glanced at this one and that... and there's a pretty giant... ...

When I saw the cellophane girl, Gran found me and asked if I was ready to go yet.

Long story short, we left Petco without her.

We got to her Explorer and I quietly, shyly asked "Ummm... so that betta fish I kept talking about.."
"Do you want it? Here, ten dollars"
"... << ... ... *runs back inside*"

I grabbed her immediately, headed for the cash register-- ohwaitIdon'thavefishfood, I'm out of town. D:

So I had her, got a small pack of pellets... okay, good let's g--

G'ah, she might have finrot. Her fins are a bit short...

So I now have meds for any general diseases, food, her... um... tank... small tank-- OH WHATEVER, she'll be fine in this cup, it's really not that small, and she's tiny as it is.

I came up short at the register by a few cents, but I had change in my wallet. After a week, I packed her in my checked bags and we flew back to Florida.

I'd give a whole rant and rave about her personality and the whole story with her, but my room's a mess with mail I got while I was gone, clothes to unpack still, commissions to finish, and AJFUAFSFISFASLG (I already did water changes this morning... took me 3 1/2 hours because there's also family visiting, and the 2-year-old twins don't make lugging 5 gallon buckets of water around the house easy)

Without further ado! He's pictures of her around the first days I had her. I've named her Northern Lights (Nights, for short); the reason why is the slight color in her anal fin... I dunno, it makes sense to me. xP

^ Possible dal? Help me know. D:

BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 02:31 PM   #2 
Jrf456

What a beauty! I don't think she has finrot, she might be a little injured though with the whole pet store small cups change the water every month scenario.. I'd add some epsom salt in her bowl just to be sure.

Great find!
Jrf456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 02:38 PM   #3 
BlakbirdxGyarados

I didn't have the money to get epsom salt or anything. I gave her with methalyne blue for a few days (to be sure it's not just fin damage she came home with) and she's been doing great. These pictures are after a water change I gave her and after I've had her two days. Or was it three...? >>

Thanks, though! :D

Btw, she's in Uncle's old tank now, a 4 gallon. Loves it there.
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:13 PM   #4 
Sweeda88

Epsom salt wouldn't do anything for the fin issues. That's for bloating and such. Aquarium salt is what helps fin problems. She's very pretty!
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:28 AM   #5 
laughing

Wow, I'm so jealous! The females at my stores are ALWAYS straight one bland color or total cambodian, whatever breeder they buy from does NOT in any way understand genetics... >.<

I can't believe you flew with her! That's such an amazing story! I can't wait to see pictures of her in her tank, she's just so stunning.
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote