Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-12-2011, 02:26 PM   #21 
Shimizoki

Pitluvs, I have similar ideas about when it goes from just a fish to a friend. I do the same with all my animals.
Shimizoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:52 AM   #22 
dramaqueen
Banned

To many of us who don't have children, they are like our children. My mom isn't an animal lover but I think she's beginning to understand how much they mean to me.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:55 PM   #23 
nel3

i found out my neighbor has a betta (blue VT) its about 2 inches long and it 2 yrs old. good thing is that it looks healthy but its in a vase .25->.5gal and fed FD bloodworms. dont think it has water conditioner and probably doesnt get many WC. not worth chewing her out or asking for details, probably wont change her habits. from the looks of it, all the fish supplies are beside the vase and i saw no conditioner.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:01 PM   #24 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
i found out my neighbor has a betta (blue VT) its about 2 inches long and it 2 yrs old. good thing is that it looks healthy but its in a vase .25->.5gal and fed FD bloodworms. dont think it has water conditioner and probably doesnt get many WC. not worth chewing her out or asking for details, probably wont change her habits. from the looks of it, all the fish supplies are beside the vase and i saw no conditioner.
You should be like..oh my gosh you love bettas too!? you should join this community online for bettalovers...bettafish.com! There are so many beautful betta photos!

maybe they will join and learn.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:10 PM   #25 
Littlebittyfish

I don't understand why so many people think it's fine to keep bettas in small tanks... 1/4 a gallon or 1/2 gallon tanks long term...Bettas are actually pretty big full grown...My one guy is probably 4" from back of fin to nose...So keeping a betta in a tank that size doesn't even go by the dumb "1 inch per gallon" rule.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:17 PM   #26 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebittyfish View Post
You should be like..oh my gosh you love bettas too!? you should join this community online for bettalovers...bettafish.com! There are so many beautful betta photos!

maybe they will join and learn.
not a chance for her to join the community. she's a retiree and had her daughter just married. i dont think she'd see any advantage to post a pic online of it. she's got other priorities to worry about, aside from that she's the one of the kindest people i have ever know. she gives butter cookies, tiramisu and other stuff every week or 2 to us (+friends) and loves to invite friends over.

he'll i though she had a king betta from the size of its body nearly .5cm wide and myabe 1inch body. im amazed its such a hardy specimen for its care and age.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:25 PM   #27 
bahamut285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimizoki View Post
Here here.
Isn't it "Hear hear"?* XD?
-------------------

In response to OP

Honestly no use in complaining about this, I wrote an article on deviantArt about it, a lot of members here constantly complain about parents/friends/whatever saying "they're just fish" yadda yadda.

Nobody is going to change their minds about ANYTHING, even with scientific evidence (see: creationists), once it is engrained into their minds. They're especially not going to listen to younger people.

Fortunately, my parents are a little more understanding. THEY may think it is just a fish, but they know to me it is more than that. So they may not care if my betta dies, but they did comfort me when HongBo passed away.

I actually don't understand people who don't think fish are pets...I guess it's the way they are marketed...as high maintenance decorations...
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote