Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-18-2011, 09:57 AM   #31 
Vizja13

Okay, awesome! Thanks!!! He still needs a name, Tortuga is...okay but not great
Vizja13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:58 AM   #32 
Tikibirds

I got a white HM from petco that I really dont think is a HM but a delta. His tail fins is about the size of yours. I suppose i could of protested the labeling since they set prices by tail type but I wanted him anyways. Poor guy was there for about a month Plus he was white..well, more of a metallic shimmery cream color.

Last edited by Tikibirds; 07-18-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:02 AM   #33 
Sakura8

Hmm. You can watch your new guy for a few days and see what kind of personality he develops. That might help in naming him.

Tiki, are you talking about Sesshy? Sesshy's so handsome.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:03 AM   #34 
Vizja13

That IS a beautiful fish :o Congrats! Fish go FAST at my petsmart
Vizja13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:06 AM   #35 
laughing

You guys totally jacked this thread >_________________< LOL!

Anyways, I easily would've opened their "special betta water" without paying for it, dumping/rinsing the empty cup, pouring that conditioned water in, then carefully pour the other cup until one fell into it, then filled the other one up with the conditioned water, too. They might go into shock, but at least they are separated and in cleaner water... If someone stopped me, I would've said "I talked to an employee and she said 'not my job' and told me I should do it. They were going to die like that, it would've cost the store money." and talk my way out of it. If it got bad, I would've just paid for the water.

That's just not okay at all....
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:13 AM   #36 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing View Post
You guys totally jacked this thread >_________________< LOL!

Anyways, I easily would've opened their "special betta water" without paying for it, dumping/rinsing the empty cup, pouring that conditioned water in, then carefully pour the other cup until one fell into it, then filled the other one up with the conditioned water, too. They might go into shock, but at least they are separated and in cleaner water... If someone stopped me, I would've said "I talked to an employee and she said 'not my job' and told me I should do it. They were going to die like that, it would've cost the store money." and talk my way out of it. If it got bad, I would've just paid for the water.

That's just not okay at all....
Yes, I think you're right because until you posted I couldn't remember the topic! Oops. Sorry fishman! *bows*

And I like your strategy about talking your way out of it if seen because it places the responsibility right back where it belongs: on the employee who said it wasn't her job. But alas, for some of us it's really easy to say we would do this but when confronted with the actual situation our nerves fail us completely. I've always been the type who hates to create scenes. Changed a lot once I got into bettas but still not very good at confrontations.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:15 AM   #37 
Pataflafla

I tend to have trouble keeping a confrontation verbal for very long. I always tend to start feeling the need to hit, so I try to avoid extended confrontations. I also get a little shaky when I'm passionate about something, so my voice doesn't come out too strong.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:22 AM   #38 
Luimeril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
I got a white HM from petco that I really dont think is a HM but a delta. His tail fins is about the size of yours. I suppose i could of protested the labeling since they set prices by tail type but I wanted him anyways. Poor guy was there for about a month Plus he was white..well, more of a metallic shimmery cream color.

mislabling a halfmoon as a delta isn't that bad. i mean, they're pretty much the same fin type, it's just a Halfmoon spreads a little more than a Delta. mislabling is like, putting a CT into a HM cup, or something. >.>; i've gotten Deltas that were supposed to be HMs, then there's Ichi, who's a Delta, but was in an unmarked Cup, meaning he was supposed to be a Veiltail. xD
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:29 AM   #39 
Sakura8

I'm 90% sure that all the "halfmoons" at my Petsmart are deltas or super deltas. I have a halfmoon and I can tell you those ain't halfmoons. More like quarter moons. Plus I paid $14 for my HM, Petsmart has theirs for $6.99.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:04 AM   #40 
Luimeril

HMs/Deltas are about $10 at Pet Lovers. >3>
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote