Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-19-2011, 07:24 AM   #41 
Tikibirds

Quote:
Tiki, are you talking about Sesshy? Sesshy's so handsome.
Yup. He SPARKELS in light. I was afraid he might change color like icicle did when i put him in proper water but nope. he stayed white - metallic shimmery white
The only reason it bothered my that he was mislabled was because he cost $14 instead of $8. I could of used the extra $ to buy him a silk plant or two.

anyways back to the topic at hand,

Ya know, you could probably get away with changing water more easily if you just happen to be wearing a blue plain T shirt and kaiki colored pants just like the employees wear. I bet no one would even bat an eyelash if you happened to change some water then
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:30 AM   #42 
TheBlueBettaFish

That's just SICK.
TheBlueBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:31 AM   #43 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
Yup. He SPARKELS in light. I was afraid he might change color like icicle did when i put him in proper water but nope. he stayed white - metallic shimmery white
The only reason it bothered my that he was mislabled was because he cost $14 instead of $8. I could of used the extra $ to buy him a silk plant or two.

anyways back to the topic at hand,

Ya know, you could probably get away with changing water more easily if you just happen to be wearing a blue plain T shirt and kaiki colored pants just like the employees wear. I bet no one would even bat an eyelash if you happened to change some water then
I hope Riceball stays sparkly white, too. He looks like a bride. A freaked-out bride on the run, but a bride nonetheless.

That's a plan. My brother wore a red shirt and black pants to Target once and everyone kept asking him for help.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:36 PM   #44 
fishman12

Off topic O.O... My Walmart doesn't sell "betta water". There's a chain dog/cat store in my area... Their employees have to go through training so to better help the customer... Wish other stores did that.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:10 PM   #45 
Vizja13

I just got back from petsmart (go to do a water change, only to find dad threw ought the old siphon. Oy.) and I walked past the bettas. There was onew there with mild finrot and that couldn't swim straight. I told the employee this and she was like...oh, thats not good, and took him off the shelf. she said she was going to give him a pea, and I was like "No, thats worse for him, put him in warm water and epsom salt and do daily water changes and it'll fix both his swim bladder and fin rot." SHe looked like she couldn't believe a 15 year old had just reminded her the correct way to treat a betta XP I hope she does that, poor guy.
Vizja13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:15 PM   #46 
Sakura8

Vizja, I know I worry like heck when they say they're going to "treat" them. I always wonder if they really mean it. Since VTs don't cost much, they potentially lose money treating them with costly meds and I hope the store never realizes this and simply euthanizes a betta that could have gotten better.

And I think the real problem with peas is that people use frozen peas that have salt added. Always look for NO SALT ADDED. And I also believe people give them too much. Feed a piece that is no bigger than a pellet.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:51 PM   #47 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post

Rofl! Sneaky, sneaky!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:20 AM   #48 
fishman12

Haha wow she was actually going to treat him?
Old 07-21-2011, 11:24 AM   #49 
Sakura8

I wish I knew. Hopefully epsom salt but who can guess?
Old 07-21-2011, 11:27 AM   #50 
fishman12

Right...