Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-12-2011, 12:54 AM   #1 
Sams Bettas

Talking Sorority Tank

Hey everyone, this is my first post, but I've been lurking for a while till now. Here is a photo of my tank. It houses 12 females. I custom make aquarium plants and in the tank are a few of what I've made, I've got a bunch more packed aside that are various plants. Alright, enjoy the picture.
Sams Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:10 AM   #2 
Shimizoki

Wow thats very cool Sam, those plants look great! How do you make them?
The fish look good as well and with all those hiding spots I'm sure they are happy.

Something I noticed yesterday... you might want to read up a bit on the forum rules about sig length, I think they limit it to 8 lines max.
Shimizoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:34 PM   #3 
Sams Bettas

Thanks Shimizoki. I changed the signature, hopes its better, I should have done it this way to begin with. Thank you for pointing that out to me :)

The girls enjoy their home and there is barely any nit picking that happens. They get along pretty good and do their own thing. The plants offer a lot of space to hide in and the girls like swimming through the grass.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:53 PM   #4 
Shimizoki

Yea sure, It took me a week before I finally ran into the rule thread.

I'm still itching to know how you made some of those plants, they look good and I might wanna do a DIY project myself just to see how hard it is.

Also, how large is the tank they are all in?
Shimizoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:18 PM   #5 
Sams Bettas

Making them isn't hard, but you have to do it right or you can run into trouble. There must be a thread about DIY project on here. I buy my supplies in bulk for a cheaper price. Much cheaper then buying at local craft stores. I'll separate what I want to mix with what and then attach them to a base.
I used to breed and raise bettas in the past and got out of them, but recently got back into the game when I was given this tank. Its a 20 L and its alright for now. In a few months hopefully if everything works out I'll be able to step up a bigger tank with real plants like I used to have. But for now its fun and enjoyable.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:29 PM   #6 
MaggieLynn

Im not the only one to name a fish Ethel!!! I love your names. Sadly my Ethel passed within a week of getting her :( My Fred is still alive though. get it Fred and Ethel XD
I love the plants and i would love to know how you made them. The tanks looks so lovely to I wish that I had an eye for design like that. More pics please lol and welcome!
MaggieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:52 PM   #7 
Sams Bettas

Aw sorry to hear about Ethel :( Its easy to get attached to these fish. They have their own personailities and behaviors. My Ethel was going to be either a Margaret or a Sadie, but since Im going for those "back in the day names" I felt like Ethel was much older sounding lol. I did have an all black HM male named O'Rooney, but he passed away.
I will post pictures, Im uploading them now, but probably wont be able to post them till later tonight. I'll post them in the picture section.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:53 PM   #8 
Sams Bettas

Oh but my boyfriend named a few and didn't stick to the theme, his names are Petunia, Trixy & Traxy, Svetlana and Solstice.