Betta Fish Forum banner

Rex needs help!!!

395 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  HarlequinBBRM 
#1 · (Edited)
I have just taken in my cousins fish as they are busy with moving house and the fish looked a little neglected. They will take him back when things settle down.

I am a little worried as he has been darting and twitching on and off for a few days and only eaten twice in nearly a week. Also his fins look clamped. I dont know what is wrong or how to help him. Please help little Rex.

Housing
What size is your tank? 3 litres
What temperature is your tank? 23 degrees C
Does your tank have a filter? No
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? no
Is your tank heated? yes
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? none tho he is next to one of my bettas.

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? betta bio gold pellets tho he had a different betta food at his home.
How often do you feed your betta fish? 2 pellets twice a day

Maintenance

How often do you perform a water change? every few days
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? 50 - 70%
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? primer and stability. removes chlorine and stuff and jump starts the bio culture

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?

Ammonia: 0.50ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: 0ppm
pH: 6.4
Hardness: ?
Alkalinity: ?

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? not since i brought him home.
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? he is a little more lively since i added the heater
When did you start noticing the symptoms? straight away
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? I have added aquarium salt to the water
Does your fish have any history of being ill? dont know
How old is your fish (approximately)?i think he was bought this year but im not sure.

See less See more
#3 ·
With a tank that small, I would be doing 100% water changes every day. His problems could just be a result of poor water quality. He may also be stressed because of the move, so the lack of eating may be a result of that. Try doing more water changes first before anything else. A picture may also be helpful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.