Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-12-2011, 02:19 PM   #1 
Luimeril

My Journy with Cup

why be sad about Cup passing? we've had a long, wonderful journey together, full of surprises and fun. i was looking for pics of Remy and King Steve to show the good and bad of walmart, and i came across the last pic i ever took of Cup. it showed off how much his colors have changed in the year i had him. while i miss Cup, i know he wouldn't want me to be sad about his passing. so, i'm gonna share with you all the pics i have of Cup, from the first one, to the last one.

the first pic i ever took of Cup. he's not anything special, is he? just a generic green/blue and red betta. who knew that this beautiful boy, would bring me so much happiness and frustration?!

he changed colors on me! and, you can see how much his fins have grown, as well as the crinkled dorsal(from too much flaring and ripping!) my beautiful boy, is a middle-aged man here.

after his fight with the plastic plant. you can see how ripped up his fins were. and, look at his ventril! his long, beautiful ventril, is ripped in half!

that, brings us to the last pic i ever took of beautiful Cup...

that CAN'T be the same fish from the first pic! those colors are totally different! sure, it's not the best pic in the world, but it shows his colors really well. my beautiful old man... would you have changed more, if you'd stayed with me longer? or, were you on your last leg anyways, and the bloat finished nature's job? i'll never now. i miss you, Cup. thanks for being in my life. i'm glad i picked you up, and i'm sorry you had to put up with an owner who was still learning about bettas. thanks for teaching me so much about fin care. <3
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:26 PM   #2 
RayneForhest

*sniffle* Sorry for your loss.
RayneForhest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:28 PM   #3 
Shimizoki

Wow, cup really did change on you didnt he. I'm glad you picked him up as well, though he may be gone now it was a good run and I'm sure he took a little bit of your heart with him to rainbow bridge. You're still together, even now.
Shimizoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:28 PM   #4 
Luimeril

is okay. i still get upset about it, but i try to not be too sad about his passing. worst thing is, his spot on my dresser is empty. i don't have macho Cup between my two ladies.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:32 PM   #5 
RayneForhest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimeril View Post
is okay. i still get upset about it, but i try to not be too sad about his passing. worst thing is, his spot on my dresser is empty. i don't have macho Cup between my two ladies.
You need to get another betta. It wont replace Cup... but you'll be able to gain some solace knowing you can provide another betta a good home. (if you dont chances are... it will die, homeless)
RayneForhest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:34 PM   #6 
fightergirl2710

:) I love how these tiny fish fill up so much space in our hearts.. I'm sorry about Cup, I hope you find another betta who can come as close.
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:43 PM   #7 
Luimeril

i'm actually trying to buy a pair of DT females from Chard. it's not a pet store rescue, but i still love them. who knows? if my sister ever pays me back that $30 she owes me, i probably could save a betta from a petstore.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:43 PM   #8 
fightergirl2710

Then I hope she does soon! :D
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:01 PM   #9 
Luimeril

x3 thanks. <3 it makes me feel good, to know how many people love Cup. :3