Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-12-2011, 11:16 PM   #11 
PhilipPhish

I got my third betta today and my mom said I couldnt have any more because:
A. I dont really have another tank!lol
B.ALL my chores have to be finished and my phone has to be paid and I have to have money to buy one.

my mom doesnt want me to be able to get anything I can afford. she wants me to save money and focus on what I have now instead of what I want.

but a gift card... idk. ive never gotten one.
PhilipPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:20 AM   #12 
cajunamy
Banned

sounds like they are worried another fish will overwhelm you. you will just need to take extra good care of your current ones and show them that you are not overwhelmed with fish care + school+ whatever else you spend your time doing.

and fwiw, i am a huge fish and pet lover, but if my child sneaked a pet in my house w/o my permission? there would be consequences. so I DO NOT recommend that route at all.

sometimes parents seem to have no reason for the things they won't allow you, but trust me there is always a reason. i believe they should share with you their concerns, but in the end it is their house. one day when you are older and have your own house and kids you will understand. trust me, i get how frustrated you are, i well remember it when it seemed there was no reason and my mom just said NO! but if you want to maintain their trust, please don't sneak anything in.
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:50 AM   #13 
PhilipPhish

Having fish is a responsibility thing. They probably won't let you get another one cause you already have some and like everyone said, they don't want you to be overwhelmed with fish + life. So maybe show how responsible you are?

Its just a thought. Maybe things at my house are different. I got my third boy yesterday and me mum said, "no more until you're phone is paid for and all your chores are done!"

but yeah, responsibility is something parents want you to learn and that's why they let you get a few fish.

So save your card for a rainy day and maybe show how responsible you are and that you are capable of having more then the fish you already have. : )
PhilipPhish is offline   Reply With Quote