Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-13-2011, 06:37 AM   #1 
Sekutur

greedy betta and hungry pristella

My betta has ate a bit too much,
Feeding my tank last night he is in with 6 xray pristella and seems happy enough with them.
I was talking to my brother whilst feeding them and didnt notice him greedily eating all the flakes id put in the tank about 2 pinchs.
Will the pristella be ok to fast for a day or two?
They all last ate a little bit this morning.
The betta seems happy enough patrolling all the decorations in the tank and watching the pristella.
Sekutur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:31 PM   #2 
masshiimarro

he should be okay. just fast him or feed very lightly for a day or two depending on how bloated he is. you can tell if hes bloated by his stomach. if it looks noticeably rounded and well, big, then hes bloated.
masshiimarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:58 PM   #3 
BettaRepublic

Hey masshiimarro, can you do me a favor and show me a pic of a bloated fish? (Not dropsy bloated, like overfeeding bloated. Thanks.)
BettaRepublic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:16 PM   #4 
masshiimarro

well,, heres 2 pics. first is my betta with a normal stomach (but in this pic he just ate, so he could look a bit rounded lol), and the other is a bloat... personally i think the second pic is a pretty bad bloat though... its looking almost like early dropsy to me.. but you can see the for the first pic, that the fish's stomach looks... too round. and usually thats bloat.
Attached Images

Old 07-13-2011, 04:17 PM   #5 
masshiimarro

oh wait i meant the second pic hes too round. lol sorry.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:40 PM   #6 
Sekutur

I think my guy is looking a little like the top pick it's going down now ill see how he is in the morning and give them a drop of food if he seems ok. He's just lounging on the top of the heater at the mo with a few bubbles on the surgace around him. seems happy enough though.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:54 PM   #7 
masshiimarro

Yeah lol overfeedings happened once to me before too. Betta thought it would be fun to eat half of those algae wafers for snails.. He was looking likehe ate a marble and so i fasted him for 2 days and all was good :)
Old 07-13-2011, 06:08 PM   #8 
Sekutur

Heh he looked chuffed with himself after the feeding, luckily some of the food got to the other guys. Their slowly getting used to feeding with him when he first entered the tank they were petrified of coming up for the food with him which is why he managed to stuff himself tonday.