Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-11-2011, 01:01 AM   #1 
limeslide

Live Aquatic Plant Sale! :)

Okay, I decided to be a bit nice and I want to sell a few of my aquatic plants to this lovely community. So, I looked at my aquariums, and saw that I hasve quite a few plants in there, I also ordered a lot more water oak leaves than I wanted so I want to offer a few of those, too.
Here is what i am offering:

-One(1) Vallisneria americana gigantea
Great background plant, creates tall grass-like leaves that make a sort of zen feeling to any aquarium, the leaves crest at the water surface and when in groups these plants look marvelous! The plant I am sending is mature and will readily produce daughter plant-lets and make a bush of plants in about a month.
-Two(2) Ludwigia repens
Good mid ground plant, makes lovely red leaves in high light, wonderful lime green leaves in low light, it is a stem plant and can make a lot of plants if it is cut into pieces and planted in the aquarium. The plant I am sending is mature and will grow to the top of the aquarium quite readily, it makes a perfect area for your betta to build a bubblenest and it can be kept floating, too!
-One(1) Egeria densa
Good background plant, makes wonderful green leaves that filter the the tank really well and give of lots of oxygen(all the plants will do this but this one is really good at it). It can be grown floating or planted, makes a good place for a betta to build a bubblenest.
-Lots of pre boiled water oak leaves
Great for making the water acidic and full of tannins, just what bettas love!

All these plants enjoy high light, fertilization, and CO2, but the last two are not needed to have happy plants, they will only be slow growing.
A good way to make a cheap CO2 system is explained here (I use this system LOL):
http://www.plantedtank.net/articles/DIY-Yeast-CO2/7/

I have two packets at the moment
I am asking $20 for this awesome pack, and $7.20 for priority shipping with tracking label included.

I will get pictures of these plants tomorrow.

Thank you so much for reading! :)
limeslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:37 AM   #2 
limeslide

bump! :)
limeslide is offline   Reply With Quote