Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-16-2011, 01:48 PM   #11 
Jirothebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimeril View Post
the male's BEAUTIFUL! :O i can't wait to see their babies!

everyone's inspiring me to breed my pet store babies. x: but they're all too old. Dx
THanx XD

You know, I once had a very old guy I got from wal-mart, he was so old that the first time he saw a female he threw a gill flap,literally, poor guy never could get it to tuck back in place, needless to say I opted not to breed the poor old guy, though he did build an impressive bubble nest...the moral of this story, there is such a thing at too old in the betta world LOL

Last edited by Jirothebetta; 07-16-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Jirothebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:59 PM   #12 
NCPanthersgurl

Why thanks! Alma is the female, named her from the F.E.A.R. series... Jazz of course is from Transformers. Riot...I have no idea where he came up with that >.<

No doubt Riot's beautiful, but I see so many reds and red/blue multicolors that I don't have the appreciation for them that I would for my pink and purple, or a yellow or a rarer color. Which is kind of a good thing, or I'd be buying a lot more.... >.>

I'm very curious as to what you'll get from these two. :D
NCPanthersgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:05 PM   #13 
Jirothebetta

Curious isn't the word for me, more like very excited! Yuki just followed Jiro under the bubble nest and they were this close to embracing, then jiro got to excited and scared her back under the tank moss...they are making progress
Old 07-16-2011, 03:06 PM   #14 
NCPanthersgurl

Yayyy! I can't wait to see where this goes :)
NCPanthersgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:20 PM   #15 
indjo
TFK Moderator

your female looks like a cross between DT and CT. So you'll probably end up with DT as well as single tails. You would get fins with smaller web reduction (comb/half sun like).

Color wise, you'd probably get black laces, black lace with red fins, plus other colors patterns since cambo is a mixture or color genes.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:26 PM   #16 
Jirothebetta

THanx so much indjo...you really think I might get some double tailed bettas!? I would be so thrilled to get just one double tail...especially a black lace comb double tail...I just got SOooooo much more excited XD

...Just curious, what makes you think she might be a double tail cross?
Old 07-16-2011, 07:33 PM   #17 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Notice that your female's dorsal is rather long. IMO, that's a DT geno. And notice that the webbing on the fins are not equal, IMO that indicates that it's a cross between a CT and a DT.

Your female is a delta - so IMO she doesn't compliment your male (fin wise). You will get delta's mostly, if not all (delta comb DT, delta single tail - no HM) .
Old 07-16-2011, 08:00 PM   #18 
Jirothebetta

...I just go SOooo deflated...I didn't know she was a delta tail, sigh* I had noticed the longer top fin and how the base of her tail was a little thicker than my other female, but I didn't know she was a delta, not what I am wanting at all...not that delta's are ugly, its just not the direction I was hoping to go in...what I am wanting is some more halfmoons, even if they aren't double tails, I really want some halfmoons...like Jiro or at least close to jiro...what IYHO would be a good match for him...and what could I pair suki with in the future to avoid delta in her...(I don't hate deltas, I just get the feeling they would be harder to find homes for)
Old 07-16-2011, 08:49 PM   #19 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Sorry, it would take her plenty of generations to get HM fry from her. Pair her to a HM with 8 end ray branching - perhaps that can get HM in fewer generations.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:01 PM   #20 
Jirothebetta

Thank you Indjo for the advise...I think I will be removing Yuki from the breeding tank, probably from my breeding regime altogether...but I will continue with trying to breed Jiro, I can see my self buying a halfmoon female in my future and that makes me very happy, I have been wanting to get a Halfmoon female for long time now

I am a little sad that things will not be going down as planned, but I would rather not end up with fry I would have trouble homing. I have learned that patience is key with fish, I would rather halt my own plans now and end up with a better result in the future...

I am now wondering what Yuki's one surviving fry from my last breeding attempt(to a different male) is going to look like...am thinking maybe a delta comb tail...will just have to wait and see...

Thanks again for the advice and every bodies quick responses,
Jirothebetta

Last edited by Jirothebetta; 07-16-2011 at 09:14 PM.