Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-17-2011, 12:56 AM   #1 
Jrf456

Crowntails in the stores..

Crowntails always look sick to me at the stores. The horrible water conditions and such make them look sick since they already have stringy tails which is why I've never had a CT. I really do want one though..

Thoughts?
Jrf456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:02 AM   #2 
Jirothebetta

I would probably look around for a breeder in your area...maybe spend some time on aquabid. There are so many crowntails around I would think it would be hard not to find at least one that suited you...or you could even just find a pet store that takes good care of their bettas...some of the petco's seem to get it right sometimes...
Jirothebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:03 AM   #3 
Pitluvs

If you have enough experience with Bettas... you could always take one of those bettas home and watch it transform into a beautiful creature you helped heal? Nothing more rewarding than seeing all your love, dedication and hard work turn a Betta from near dead to thriving. I would love to have a CT, if my store had only one and it was on its last legs, I would take it n a heartbeat!
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:06 AM   #4 
masshiimarro

well crowntails dont really require any different care than your other bettas, nor are they any less/more hardy. however imo it can be easier to see their health becuase of their tails. since you mentioned that their tails looked stringy, that usually happens becuase of water quality. my CT had stringy tail spikes until he was out of the petstore water. once you get your CT settled in a good tank then they usually improve.. just like any other betta. their tails arent always stringy looking, its becuase of the water quality. tho sometimes, it may be because they are really young. their tails fill out more as they grow..
dont let their stringy tails hold you back! they will look better once you settle them into your tank! :D
masshiimarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:09 AM   #5 
Jrf456

Aww okay thanks! (:
Jrf456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:28 AM   #6 
Tikibirds

Quote:
Crowntails always look sick to me at the stores
My poor guy WAS sick..well not really sick so much as some bad fin rot and probably some ammonia burns. I dont care for CT's as they remind me of spiders*shudder* but I just couldn't leave this poor guy at walmart.

Last edited by Tikibirds; 07-17-2011 at 06:32 AM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:49 AM   #7 
Shimizoki

Alpha was mildly depressing looking in the store. But most bettas are... Either way I picked him up and with a little tannins in the water for the past week, he looks much better. Made his 3rd bubble nest already.

He has a great looking tail, I think he is just camera shy though since he wont flare when its nearby.
Shimizoki is offline   Reply With Quote