Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-18-2011, 02:12 AM   #11 
Sakura8

I tried to argue the price down on an HM with SBD at my local Petco but all they did was say "sorry we can't sell sick fish who need treatment" and took him away to the backroom. I really hope they actually did treat the poor guy and not . . . something else. So you may or may not have luck with that tactic.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:15 AM   #12 
Pataflafla

Well, if they could sell me that last fish I'm sure they could sell me one in a little better condition for a cheaper price. I could always bring him up again and let everyone know they sold a fish in that condition for full price. I have no qualms about bringing in the only three pictures I have of him to make an example.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:21 AM   #13 
Pitluvs

Ya, my LPS guy told me that if customers try to buy a fish they know is sick, they will and can take them out back because the customer is buying a fish that just might not make the 14days (we have 7 here). It's like setting yourself up for failure! I asked him if I took a sick fish and agreed to wave the 7day bring back, would that be ok? He told me he would just give me the fish LOL

Sorry about your guy, but I would email corp too. If they don't offer you anything, at least the employees will get a talking to and hopfully a retrain.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:21 AM   #14 
Sakura8

Yup. Spread the news and Petsmart may do something just to keep you quiet. Businesses run on reputation and if it gets around that Petsmart is getting a poor reputation, they'll be sorry they didn't try to work with you.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:13 AM   #15 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
I tried to argue the price down on an HM with SBD at my local Petco but all they did was say "sorry we can't sell sick fish who need treatment" and took him away to the backroom. I really hope they actually did treat the poor guy and not . . . something else. So you may or may not have luck with that tactic.
hate when they do that, makes me want to kick shins >_<
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:26 AM   #16 
Sakura8

I know. It's like, "Then if you can't sell sick fish, don't let the water get so bad that they get sick!"
Old 07-18-2011, 10:31 AM   #17 
Tisia

yeah, if they're too sick to sell, why are they on the sales floor you dummies?!? gah >_<
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:34 AM   #18 
Tikibirds

If petco only sold healthy fish they wouln't have ANY fish to sell.

Anyways, petco has the same policy. Its written on the back of the receipt - you need the body, receipt AND they are supposed to test the water that you kept the fish in. I have heard many people say if the water is not perfect they dont have to honor the agreement.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:50 AM   #19 
Sakura8

Who defines perfect, them? Petco and Petsmart, the people famous for their 4.0 ammonia readings? Bah.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:04 PM   #20 
elijahfeathers

Honestly if you want a return on a fish I'd be surprised if you didn't have to bring a body. I'd cup/ziplock baggy and freeze if I had to wait, or at least take pictures, and I know most places expect a water sample (which I'd take separate with me from the body as the body I'm sure could throw off readings).

I'm not trying to be rude, but honestly I could walk back into petsmart with my betta's cup three days later and claim he died and steal fish from them without that. And that's not even talking about the more expensive fish, like saltwater types and things.
elijahfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote