Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-30-2011, 12:43 PM   #991 
Punki

Yes, the new owner walked in and did her usual "Wheres my fish" to my husband and is used to hearing "i dunno lol" but today she asked and he said "back in the office" he said she squealed and rushed back, grabbed the big jar and watched for awhile and next thing he knew she was walking up to him saying "It makes faces like this at me when i get close!" and she was opening and shutting her mouth in a sad face LOL She thanked me for the 4 page letter and said lips is a beautiful little baby. With her reaction youd think she was 6 but no shes a 24 year old girl whos been patient for 5 months lol! :)
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:48 PM   #992 
Sakura8

:) I think she will love that little betta forever and ever. Will Lips be her first betta? If so, what better way to start out in the hobby than with a betta who was so lovingly raised. You have done a great service to bettas everywhere by starting someone out on the right track. :D
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:51 PM   #993 
Punki

Yeah this will be her first betta and shes absolutely clueless about them as well, she doesnt have any pre-disposed innaccurate teachings. Her boyfriend however grabbed her a tint square and shes like "... too small, im going to trust the person who gave it life before i trust petsmart" so WOO! :)
Old 10-30-2011, 05:39 PM   #994 
Sakura8

You're making an impact, Punki. That's awesome news for bettas everywhere. :D I'm so happy to hear that. And she's so lucky she gets to start out with a homebred betta and not a sad little store betta.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:40 PM   #995 
bettalover2033

Man, they have really grown since before i moved! Great fish! Love them!

BL2033
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:49 PM   #996 
CalvinWill

I just spent 2 days at the office reading this whole thread a few pages at a time. Great log. Awesome babies. Just had to give you my thumbs way up. This read like a novel with tragedy, hopeful twists, and an overall happy ending. Thank you.

My male looks almost like Electra. I will be spawning him at the start of the new year. I will try to make half as good a spawn log as you, and if my spawn is 1/4 as interesting as yours, I will consider it a success.
Attached Images

CalvinWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:33 PM   #997 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvinWill View Post
I just spent 2 days at the office reading this whole thread a few pages at a time. Great log. Awesome babies. Just had to give you my thumbs way up. This read like a novel with tragedy, hopeful twists, and an overall happy ending. Thank you.
That's a great way to think of it! A novel, that is just too funny. Though im sure it really could be made into one.

-BL2033
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:44 PM   #998 
Sakura8

It is like a novel, isn't it? It's gripping and you can't wait for the next "chapter." Well done, Punki! :D
Old 11-03-2011, 09:02 PM   #999 
Punki

:) Thanks! I havent taken any pics of them in the last few days because i woke up to a floating Electra. She was bloated and stressed for 2 days, finishing up day 7 of epsom salts and shes okay. SHEW!
Old 11-03-2011, 09:57 PM   #1000 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punki View Post
:) Thanks! I havent taken any pics of them in the last few days because i woke up to a floating Electra. She was bloated and stressed for 2 days, finishing up day 7 of epsom salts and shes okay. SHEW!
Wow glad she made it out ok! The spawn is looking great!! I am glad lips got a good home too I am starting to have to think about that too.
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote