Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-03-2011, 11:00 PM   #1001 
Punki

Its a tough thing, expecially once you become attached to them each as individuals. I just had to tell myself that i couldnt eep lips as happy as she could, just to jar him up. He got a little ribbon on his jar and some java moss in his jar and he was off to his new mommah. I still stalk her to be sure things are good but they are. She keeps talking about the wiggle dance xD
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:13 PM   #1002 
bettalover2033

When you said belly up, i thought you meant, dead :/ Yikes!! I was scared for you lol. Glad shes okay:).
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:27 AM   #1003 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
When you said belly up, i thought you meant, dead :/ Yikes!! I was scared for you lol. Glad shes okay:).
I know right!! I was like OH NOES! But them I was like WHEW! close one!!
WAY TO GO ELECTRA!
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:30 PM   #1004 
Sakura8

Oh no! Poor Electra! What happened, Punki, was she eggy? I'm so glad she's okay. That must have been scary!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:37 PM   #1005 
Punki

She was so eggy that once id fed her it put her into bloat, the next morning when i woke to feed her she was floating on her side and VERY stress striped. She begged for breakfast but there was no way. Her opivisor was sticking WAY out and she couldnt stay down at all. After i put 1g of epsom salts in her normally 3g tank she pushed herself under her plants leaf to stay down but after day two she looked normal, i kept it up till day 7 to be safe. Slowly feeding her again at day 3. Thats about when she became unstressed. Alot of warm epsom salted water and a blanket over her really helped her. I, too thought she was dead when i first found her floating that morning =/ she was so stressed and pale she didnt look herself, plus the float =/
Old 11-04-2011, 06:00 PM   #1006 
Sakura8

I'm so glad Electra is okay now! Whew! Egginess is scary. It's the only part about females I don't like.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:09 PM   #1007 
tpocicat

On the top and floating! I'm glad she recovered. I'm also glad I wasn't the only one that was frightened at first.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:37 AM   #1008 
Punki

tpo what a cute little fishy in your pic!!!
Thanks :) Shes still doing well. It really just scared her when she couldnt get down but id never seen her stressed so much before. Not even during oldmans persuits with her.
In baby news, my sisters betta baby and dot are battling quite often. Neither are backing down. They circle and nip and flare. Both are male i think. Tomorrow my sister comes to get her betta i believe, if not hes being jarred either ways. Its getting quite cool here so i like to have their next home lined up just before i remove them. Squito has always been a girl to me but lately shes been battling with the boys and flaring, Also doing the male wiggle dance when girls approach and blowing bubbles at the surface.... her egg spot is also shrinking so....Yeah :P
Old 11-05-2011, 01:44 AM   #1009 
Sakura8

Aw, no! I want Squito to be a girl! Maybe just an aggressive girl? I'll have to go back and look at the pics of Squito. I realize the heads of males and females are a little different. Male lips kind of . . . jut out a little, like they have male attitude.

Poor Electra. I can understand. When my HM got shock-induced SBD and couldn't swim down, he panicked too. The more he tried and couldn't swim down, the more he panicked and the worse he got.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:53 AM   #1010 
Punki

Yeah, once she wedged herself under a plant leaf and had a blanket over her and the heat turned up from 76 to 80 she really just slept through the issues. I just had no idea i was going to look in and ee that when i did my morning hellos! it made my heart jump!
Id love your opinion on Squito, besides the egg spot shrinking and the wiggle dance towards others, and her blowing bubbles at the surface when they come near, shes not wide like i read girls are, but shes small and her tail doesnt look longer then any of the other girls.