Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-19-2011, 08:17 PM   #1121 
Punki

Oh and she willingly swims into her feeding cup now because she just KNOWS =x
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:31 PM   #1122 
Sakura8

Hmm. Punki, if Miss Piggy stays fat like that, maybe try her on epsom salts again to see if goes down any. Either way, she's cute as cute can be and I laugh because it's so Miss Piggy when it comes to food. I can picture her if she was human, arms wrapped around all the food, growling at anyone who gets too close. "Mine! My candy! My cookies!"
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:12 PM   #1123 
Punki

Shes like a cookie monster of fish. I have given a week of epsom salts a try and fasted the first day also, even after pooping shes still huge. So i thought maybe she was eggy, but its been months and it still hasnt went away. I just limit her foods as best i can now and hope for the best. It almowt seems like her eggsack is huge, but always is. I was told CT girls are like that and Electra is, but not to this extent.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:18 PM   #1124 
Sakura8

That's interesting. And her poo is normal? With an adult betta, I would say parasites but of course, with them being in one tank, if Miss Piggy had parasites, they all would. I'm thinking you're right, she's just mega eggy. Haha, seems like she's still too young to even consider egginess, doesn't it?
Old 12-19-2011, 09:33 PM   #1125 
Punki

Hm... My idea is a bit out there but what i think happened is this... She overate and overate as a fry, eventually stretching her growing stomach tightly enough to affect her swim bladder for 2 months. She was so tiny i kept her in a cup for convenience in the daily water changes with epsom salts but i somewhat think that being put in a small space when that small possibly signalled her body to stop growing, or maybe 100% once a day wasnt enough for this piggy, i dunno, but somehow i feel like maybe the treatment cured her but in the process she didnt grow as long as she should have externally, yet her internal parts kept growing, so now she has a sensitive swim bladder and a huge egg sack but i think it only looks huge because her growth got stunted somehow....
That or the swim bladder issue started because of a deformity in growth. Her egg sack is definitely huge and the eggspot pokes out alot but like oyu said, it is a bit soon right now, much less when it was doing it a month ago. Im really not sure, i just know shes a bit shorter then the others but shes treated exactly the same and her eggsack seems abnormally large always, ever since she was tiny. Her poops are normal btw, ugly mosquito larvae leftovers or little cinnamon buns lol :)
Old 12-19-2011, 10:35 PM   #1126 
bettalover2033

True, but i'm glad she is fine now!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:19 AM   #1127 
Sakura8

As long as her abnormally large stomach and eggsac aren't affecting her ability to swim and enjoy life. :) You could be right on that theory, since it's been proven that fry kept together in a smaller tank tend to grow smaller or slower. Either way, she's always going to be adorable.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:53 AM   #1128 
tpocicat

The most important thing is that Miss Piggy is healthy and happy. I sooo glad they are all doing well.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:46 PM   #1129 
watergale

wow i just read the whole post , very awesome! how are all the fry?
watergale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:44 PM   #1130 
Punki

Thanks Tpoc :)
Gale that must have taken quite awhile! lol! They are all good. Happy little girls and boys, and all getting along again for now =x