Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-21-2011, 01:28 PM   #111 
diablo13

Hmm, guppy fry. Do you guys know if they come out with color or just fully developped?
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:28 PM   #112 
Sakura8

I will, definitely. We can compare fish babies.

diablo, nope, I don't know so I guess I get to find out, hehe.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:15 PM   #113 
kaykay1295

hey, i jsut got a new beta. like 20 minutes ago. its a crowntail. i bought it at walmart and road it home on the bus, im slightly concerned because its been hovering around 100 for the past week and is a 10 min walk from the bus stop to my house. hes in the 1 gallon bowl now i baught bettamin and freezedried blood worms. also two tank cares ones a pelet that dissolves in the water in a seltzer like fashion and the other is drops. iv put the pellet in but am reluctant to put in the drops also for fear of putting in too many things. i have to TINY other fish in there too. my sister demanded i take them. their the babys of some of her fish she has a smaller tank than me with about 20 fish in it and never cleans it im the one who usualy feeds them. so of course i took some of her fish! i havent named my beta, hes blue and white with the white being pretty dominant but still has vibrant blues and and orangish black head, i didnt notice it was orange black until i got him in my room.some of the white has a pinkish purple tint to it. if you guys have any advice or tips id love to hear them, i won some fish at my fair yesturday i bought the bowl cleaning kits a net and goldfish food and they died an hour later!!! hes not very active, should i be conserned about this? do u think he will attack the other two fish/guppies ? what should i name him? how often do i clean the tank
kaykay1295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:18 PM   #114 
diablo13

Um, welcome to the forum, but why did you post here? Your betta sounds pretty, you should clean the water every other day, all that good stuff...
Old 07-21-2011, 04:19 PM   #115 
NCPanthersgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay1295 View Post
hey, i jsut got a new beta. like 20 minutes ago. its a crowntail. i bought it at walmart and road it home on the bus, im slightly concerned because its been hovering around 100 for the past week and is a 10 min walk from the bus stop to my house. hes in the 1 gallon bowl now i baught bettamin and freezedried blood worms. also two tank cares ones a pelet that dissolves in the water in a seltzer like fashion and the other is drops. iv put the pellet in but am reluctant to put in the drops also for fear of putting in too many things. i have to TINY other fish in there too. my sister demanded i take them. their the babys of some of her fish she has a smaller tank than me with about 20 fish in it and never cleans it im the one who usualy feeds them. so of course i took some of her fish! i havent named my beta, hes blue and white with the white being pretty dominant but still has vibrant blues and and orangish black head, i didnt notice it was orange black until i got him in my room.some of the white has a pinkish purple tint to it. if you guys have any advice or tips id love to hear them, i won some fish at my fair yesturday i bought the bowl cleaning kits a net and goldfish food and they died an hour later!!! hes not very active, should i be conserned about this? do u think he will attack the other two fish/guppies ? what should i name him? how often do i clean the tank
Welcome. Can I suggest you repost this in the Betta Care forum as a new thread? You'll get better responses in there than in someone's spawn log. ;P
NCPanthersgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:20 PM   #116 
Punki

Kay most likely he will snack on a baby guppy asap and 1g isnt enough to house all three, make sure you slowely adapt him to the new water by floating him in his cup in the new water so the temp can stable out. You should post this in the betta fish care section to get more help.
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:22 PM   #117 
Punki

Oh you two beat me to it :))
Today i attempted my first water change, taking out a half gallon, and am now slowely dripping a new 1/2 gallon of conditioned water. I didnt suck up any fry and got the floor halfway clean so im pleased with it lol :)
I have a sponge filter but im not sure when i should put it in. >.<
Old 07-21-2011, 04:24 PM   #118 
NCPanthersgurl

I posted a thread in the habitats log about that nifty hose clean up thing I told you about. Works amazing. And erm. I think the sponge filter can go in any time after they're free swimming.
NCPanthersgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:24 PM   #119 
diablo13

I would guess when you can see the fry and they look bigger than dots, so they don't get beat up in the current. I know it's sponged but, dots :P
Old 07-21-2011, 04:30 PM   #120 
Punki

lol :)) the airflow is adjustable so i may put it in and barely run it once im done dripping this water in, mostely just to keep the top from gunking up. Id hate to put it in and ZOOM tons of dots attach to a sponge D;
NC ill check it out, i ended up using an airhose with an airstone jammed in a sponge just to remove water slowely but for the vacuuming i just carefully poked around and airhosed it out using my thumb on the opposite end to stop/start flow into the bucket. When i finished i flashlighted the bucket for a few minutes, besides snail poop and a few adult poo's there was nothing :D

Last edited by Punki; 07-21-2011 at 04:32 PM.