Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-28-2012, 10:28 AM   #1211 
GunsABlazin

Well it can take a while to reach full size. Iv had fish that have grown after being with my for a year.
GunsABlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #1212 
Punki

They hatched into this world July 18th 2011 so they are coming up on their first birthday! It would be nice to see a couple get bigger, just because id love to find them a CT mate to spawn with, without the worry of the damage being to severe. Glad to hear some continue to grow though, ill keep hoping for it! :)
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #1213 
jeffegg2

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punki View Post
when she got his tail i had such a rush of emotions, i was shocked, scared of her consequences of randomly doing such a thing in the middle of their sexytimes, and alittle amused because he was a bit rough and scary, and shes about as long as his TAIL, needless to say she did 0 damage to his tail even though she got dragged with the tip of it in her mouth across the tank XD he was like
"lalala putting the children eggys in my nest lalala"
and she was paralyzed and when her senses came back her face was next to his tail so it caught her eye flowing about and NIP then she held on as he frantically dragged her, and she looked like a fish on a hook, flopping around, but forgetting to let go XDDD needless to say that ended spawning XD
Thanks, i feel really accomplished to research, put it all together, and it work :D Im really excited to see the little ones swim, eat, explore and play :)
Too bad you didn't get a video of that! That would have been big!

Jeff.
jeffegg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #1214 
BeckyFish97

Can you imagine youtube...you'd get 1billion hits!
BeckyFish97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #1215 
Punki

lol i still remember that moment so clearly! My only thought was OH CRAP HES GONNA BE SO PISSED and i ran over to save her cause he was XD I scooped her out and he was angrily bashing his open mouth at the cup XD Betta men are such abusive men, ya cant help but cheer when she fought back XD
Old 06-28-2012, 01:56 PM   #1216 
BeckyFish97

heheeeeee my boys are scared of jade :P they leg it at first sight :P
BeckyFish97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #1217 
GunsABlazin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punki View Post
They hatched into this world July 18th 2011 so they are coming up on their first birthday! It would be nice to see a couple get bigger, just because id love to find them a CT mate to spawn with, without the worry of the damage being to severe. Glad to hear some continue to grow though, ill keep hoping for it! :)
Iv been folowing this thread for a year? Wow. Hahaha
GunsABlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:29 PM   #1218 
Punki

Yep! I went to my first post and looked it over and was shocked as well. A year FLEW!
Old 06-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #1219 
Sakura8

Punki, it's possible the white film you're seeing is just excess slime coat. Epsom salt does help promote the production of slime coat, although to a lesser extent than aquarium salt. It will also help fight off bacterial infection like AQ salt but again to a lesser extent. The epsom salt will help keep the buildup of fluids down which will affect her swimbladder. Do you have any dried oak leaves? You can crumble some of those into her tank. Better yet would be IAL. If you want some, PM me and I'll be happy to ship you some. IAL has natural antibacterial/antiparasitic properties. For the moment, unless she goes off her appetite, I would leave her in the epsom salt.

A whole year almost. What a journey it's been. :)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #1220 
Punki

Oh great point Sakura, It may just be excess slime coat. Her lethargy is concerning, but otherwise shes okay. She only gets lethargic after a water change or anything that causes her to panic. I think ill stick to the epsom salts for awhile longer then. I completely forgot about slime coat! Overall shes slowly improving which is amazing from her pineconed stage. I put her in 2tsp epsom this time instead of 3 so we'll see how that goes.
We had tropical storm debby for 4-5 days of rain this week and my backyard is overrun with mosquitos so before emptying some containers i grabbed a ton of larvae and threw them into the 10g with the girls, who are now fat and happy XD