Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-22-2011, 01:46 AM   #131 
Punki

lol i read that same thread today but it was a week old by the time i saw it. Well i cultured out some insorsia for my guys but this time i dipped my finger in a bit of egg yolk water then dipped my finger into the inforsia water, so a mix of wigglers and egg yolk, it worked, they accepted the egg yolk much better. The first few days only a couple would eat it but inforsia was overloaded at that time, they had inforsia in their tank, and i was squirting some extra in and then rotating with egg yolk. Im glad they are starting to enjoy the yolk as well. Yellow bellies tonight instead of white! :) The only downside is im paranoid about the yolk so i am daily quickvaccing the bottom, but i guess thats good anyways :P
Earlier today i was feeding oldman and electra their mosquito larvae but i noticed their bucket had these tiny tiny larvae so i took a cup and a net and a coffee filter, put the coffee filter under the net and scooped out a cup, poured it into the net, then the small tiny larvae went through the net and got caught in the coffee filter. I put them with the fry and a couple got eaten pretty fast. I still see a couple in there, maybe those were still too big, but its close! Im thinking about trying bbs tomorrow, they arent a week yet but they hatched 5 days ago, tomorrow will be day 6. Id love to see them eat bbs :))
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:01 AM   #132 
NCPanthersgurl

I was surprised at how tiny BBS is! But Jazz and Alma love it. I use it as a conditioning food because I know how good it is for them. Their colors have been so greatly enhanced since I started feeding it to them! It's awesome.
NCPanthersgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:13 AM   #133 
Punki

I had to order some just for this, i couldnt find anywhere with it lol. I used mosquito larvae to condition, 3 feeds a day with tons per feed. Ive got a big plastic garbage bucket full of algae, leaves, larvae and a few snails somehow found their way in. It only sucks when i get bit D;
Old 07-22-2011, 02:23 AM   #134 
NCPanthersgurl

Yeah I'm worried I don't have enough. I'm thinking about buying another culture of some kind just to have on hand.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:17 AM   #135 
Punki

Better to have too much then not enough, who knows, once jazz is rested he may father 100+ pretty babies :D
I snapped a quick picture of Electra tonight, with flash she looks more blue, the pinks and purples get washed out, some of the white shows blue and green but since its dark i had to have flash on :P Her real life colors are in my icon, such a difference flash makes on her colors, its not doing her justice >=[ But You can see her nipped fins and the white regrowth coming in though. It cant come fast enough, shes too pretty to be nipped!

The missing pectoral is still a nub, i dont think it will ever grow in fully, i got her that way, but its grown some since i got her.

Last edited by Punki; 07-22-2011 at 03:25 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:14 AM   #136 
diablo13

Daw, Electras so pretty! Is she a CT? Adorable!
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:10 AM   #137 
Sakura8

She looks like you woke her up from her beauty nap, haha. She's such a beautiful girl, I'm glad those nipped fins are healing.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:58 AM   #138 
NCPanthersgurl

Aww she's pretty.

For me, flash does the opposite. Like in my av; you can see the iridescent qualities to Jazz's fins that are only kinda visible normally. They're becoming more pronounced.

I can't wait to see Electra's babies all grow'd up. >.<
Old 07-22-2011, 01:26 PM   #139 
Punki

Yeah i DID wake her :)) Shes a little CT yep. Thanks :D I slept in way late so im a bit behind, gotta feed the babies!
Old 07-22-2011, 01:33 PM   #140 
Sakura8

She's like, "Whaaaa, who's there, can't you see I'm sleeping?" She even has sleepy eyes, which is funny since bettas don't have eyelids.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote