Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-22-2011, 04:27 PM   #151 
Punki

My daughter isnt fond of Electra but she loves oldman, she always has, i think he likes her also, she gets the wiggle dance like i do, my husband does not however XD :) Excuse the mess of mail and water, it was mail day and waterchange day :))
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:29 PM   #152 
Sakura8

Old Man is like, "What, another fry? How am I going to get that one back to the bubblenest? Don't think I can give her a ride on my head, either."
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:49 PM   #153 
Punki

lol :))
Whats this? Well hello Electra, why so small?
Old 07-22-2011, 04:54 PM   #154 
Sakura8

Sooo cute! The best part about breeding bettas have got to be the pics.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:58 PM   #155 
Punki

lol yep :)) I love watching them eat, and love love pics, cause i can zoooooooom XD
Old 07-22-2011, 05:06 PM   #156 
Sakura8

And I really love that you bred your bettas because you wanted to their offspring, not for fancy tails or for showing reasons or for Aquabid or something like that. It's a good reason to breed them.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:11 PM   #157 
Punki

Thanks :) Though i do think Electra may shoot some gorgeous genes into them possibly its not too important, i dont care, I wont be sellin any just giving them out, possibly buying some supplies for others actually, if they need help. But im sure breeding fancy types is fun also. If i didnt have a child id probably try to make it a big big hobby and do aquabid ect, i could see that if i didnt have other responsibilities XD It feels personal to raise these ones though, maybe thats why im being so thorough, i look at little electras fins and oldmans empty bubblenests that he still seems to think babies will appear from and feel the weight of the responsibility :)
Old 07-22-2011, 05:25 PM   #158 
Sakura8

Which you are bearing well. Especially considering you have to live up to Old Man's standards. Well, when your daughter is older you could always breed seriously, even if it's several years away. Electra's colors would sell really well on Aquabid or even here on the forum and if you breed her offspring and then their offpsring to keep the line going, you should have some lovely bettas for Aquabid quality breeding. To keep the line going, you wouldn't have to have quite as many fry per spawn either, maybe only 10 or even as few as 5. Breeding sounds like a lot of fun, I wish I had room to try it, I'd love to breed my guy Sherman. He's my first betta and I'd love a fry to remember him by, too.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:29 PM   #159 
Punki

Its a nice thought, im in therapy for driving/job fear and i was hoping by the time she started school id be better and could get a part time job dealing with animals in some way for a few extra bucks but thats really a good idea. Id really enjoy it, especially knowing it all started with my own personal oldman/electra :)
I felt like you, i didnt have the space, but eventually i made the space somehow, and i limited the spawn also, otherwise id probably have had 100+ hatch =x I can handle 50 but not 100+.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:31 PM   #160 
NCPanthersgurl

Aww weenie babies! They're so cute :3 I can't wait til I can get my own. :P
NCPanthersgurl is offline   Reply With Quote