Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-17-2011, 10:53 PM   #11 
Sakura8

How many fry are you planning on raising?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:12 PM   #12 
Punki

Well i carefully removed 1/4 of the eggs because they really had alot, if statistics are about right i should end up with around 30-40 if im lucky, the girls i plan to my grandma next door, she has a 20g and wants 10 of the girls since they are sisters they shouldnt become too aggressive if i never separate them. My husband has a couple of people at work interested in some males, my dad wants one, my sister wants a few girls and a male, her bf wants a male, my mom wants a male, any leftover girls if there are any ill sorority in a 10g and if theres any boys left my mom works at a nursing home and theres a few ladies interested there as well, the older lonely people would probably enjoy fish :)
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:21 PM   #13 
Punki

lol its raining fry, poor oldman i hope he can make it till tomorrow night, then ill pamper him with a load of larvae and alittle aquarium salt and rest. Hes doing so well, he keeps picking them up and putting them back, havent caught him eating any yet.
Oh and by carefully removing i mean that i made this little "box, it was a water lid that id put mesh over, and i put it under his nest spot so when they spawned, some fell into it and they had so many more to catch it didnt phase them, and since the mesh and bottle top was white the eggs were a bit less visible so they never knew they were missing any, and when i removed her i carefully pulled it out, it had about 50 eggs in it.

Last edited by Punki; 07-17-2011 at 11:23 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:22 PM   #14 
Sakura8

Wow, little Old Mans and Electras are sure popular! Will your sister take good care of one, though? I recall she wasn't super sympathetic about Coraline . . .
Old 07-17-2011, 11:23 PM   #15 
Sakura8

I can picture him now. "This parenting thing must be a lot easier when you're younger. Dang younguns, stay where I put you, why don't you!" 'Course it's nice to have the guy do all the work for once, instead of like the human species.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:30 PM   #16 
Punki

I talked to her and everyone else about it, and she has since quit her job and is now living with her bf and going to college so shes got more time. But yeah i was conserned as well. But apparently her boyfriend has been wanting one and even looked at the cups many times but she refused, saying it was too much work that shed have to do, i guess being home more gives her time. I was lucky and got some tanks off craigslist so when she/my dad/my mom recieve theirs they will have a suitable tank with a baffled filter ready to go, and ill type up their water changes, they know ill be furious if they dont. The nurses at the nursing home were already told by my mom as well and i think they are planning 2g bowls with 2 weekly water changes. Its city water so i plan to explain prime and such beforehand also, ill end up typing a care sheet with all of them though, i dont want any of them being mistreated and while i can keep on my family about their care (even walk to their houses and make sure) i gotta make sure the nurses do their changes, but if they do as they say im happy at the thought of giving the old people some pretty fish to watch, i know having my two has done wonders for my depression/boredom. :)
Old 07-17-2011, 11:37 PM   #17 
Sakura8

It's good you can keep an eye on the ones you are giving your family. With luck, your sister will catch the betta bug and fall in love with her little betta and learn to treat him/her as well as you treat yours. And I totally agree about the fish bringing joy to people's lives. I had such social anxiety that I didn't talk to anyone and I hardly went anywhere before I got my betta; I even dropped out of college. Now I'm at the petstore all the time and I have betta buddies all over the world thanks to this forum. I still have a ways to go (being able to handle employment and driving would be nice) but I feel way more confident than I ever did before. And all thanks to a little fish.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:39 AM   #18 
Punki

Aw, im starting therapy the 27th for the sole purpose of finally pushing myself to drive, i have social anxiety as well, and i also tried to have a job once, i lasted 4 hours and had a nervous breakdown. We have alot in common :)
Old 07-18-2011, 12:50 AM   #19 
Sakura8

Yup, we sure do. I failed my driver's test twice (stupid mistakes like accidentally going over the curb while pulling out of the driveway) and I never had the guts to try a third time. Saved a fortune in car insurance anyway. But hey, we can do it. Our bettas need us to be able to go to the pet store for them, so we can learn to do these things.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:52 AM   #20 
Punki

lol True, i am 28 with a toddler, who eventually will need rides to school, i must learn. Ive only had my learners permit but the thought of a person in the passengers seat judging my every move is scary~
Anyqays, make on topic, oldman is busy, catching 8-10 at a time and spitting them back up, they are white eggs with tails and two black dot eyes, so cool!