Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-13-2011, 03:25 AM   #501 
Sakura8

Haha, O.o Perpetually startled. You coul call him Bugeye. Poor thing. It could be one of them nipped at the eye. But you said he sees okay? That's a good sign anyway. Maybe he'll turn out to be the prettiest of them all, just with funny eyes.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:36 AM   #502 
Punki

Id name him Fabio and hed always strut and look at his sibling like this
"o.O What you lookin at, thats right me! *wiggle*O.o" and his eyews would make them feel like he was looking at them funny and ruin their self image XDDDD
Im not 100% that he sees okay but i saw him tilt his eye towards the flor where a brine shrimp was and then scoot back and grab it, he might be having alittle trouble since he had to lean down and go back, but i do think he can see at least some. Hopefully continued care will heal it up if its an injury. :)
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:37 AM   #503 
Sakura8

I love your description! Too funny.

The nice high protein diet you're feeding should definitely help. As long as he can see mostly, I think he'll be just fine.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:41 AM   #504 
Punki

Im not 100% that he sees perfectly but i saw him tilt his eye towards the floor where a brine shrimp was and then scoot back and grab it, he might be having alittle trouble since he had to lean down and go back, but i do think he can see at least some. Hopefully continued care will heal it up if its an injury. :)
I keep thinking sharky is going to be the prettiest, but the white ones like miss piggy, so light colored but with a very light blue shimmer, they have me wondering. Oldmans genes is in sharky and squito i believe, since theyve been dark bodied since day 3, but electras colors will probably go to the white ones. Thats my guess at least. I really wish i could fastforward and just SEE how they will look :)) I cant capture it in pictures yet but their fins, some look like VT with just tiny spikes, while others look like they have alot of 2 pronged spiky edges like Electra. Miss piggys gonna look VT i believe, she doesnt have much spike, squito does though :)
I noticed nubs of ventrals on miss piggy and sharky today also :D
Old 08-13-2011, 03:45 AM   #505 
Sakura8

I wish you could fast forward too, I can't wait to see their colors. I hope you end up with a male VT with Electra's colors, I bet he'd be stunning. This is the fun/frustrating part of breeding, isn't it? The waiting.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:52 AM   #506 
Punki

lol Yeah, its fun in a similar way to your parents wrapping presents and putting them under the christmas tree a month before christmas, telling you its a bunch of things youll love and its so hard to wait, except this is more work yet more interesting because you cant stare at your presents for hours daily, well you could, but thatd be boring XD
That would be a stunning VT, miss piggy might end up with that, her tail is getting quite long but VT shaped and no real spike to it, and her current colors are very light/bright blue like electra. Oh my if she ends up looking like that and i keep her..well HIM ill be ran out of house and home, she eats so much more then her portion still!
Old 08-13-2011, 04:00 AM   #507 
Sakura8

Yeah, the Christmas present analogy is perfect. Ah, Miss Piggy, I can't believe how much she eats and I'm not even there to see it! It would be fun if she turned out to be that gorgeous VT male. You'd have to set up two or three buckets for mosquito larva to feed her/him. How are things now? Have they finished the spraying?
Old 08-13-2011, 04:10 AM   #508 
Punki

Yeah and i kinda snuck in some larvae beforehand in a 1g jug, then poured them into a net then into fresh water again today and im using that for the next few days for Electra and oldman while the babies still have my planaria/nematode mix bucket. I was thinking about making a net somehow to keep the mosquitos in, so they could make more bucket babies without letting other mosquito's in or out. Im still not sure when its safe to restart a new bucket though, i cleaned one today and we had a huge storm today that gave me 6 inches of rainwater, but i wont use it, pesticides may drain off the trees and into it or something D;
Old 08-13-2011, 04:25 AM   #509 
Sakura8

Ugh, yeah, wouldn't want to risk it. That really stinks about the spraying. Hopefully soon you can go back to using the buckets and the larvae. Have you ever tried homemade food like OFL uses?
Old 08-13-2011, 02:11 PM   #510 
Punki

I havent, but thats a good idea, i need to ask her how she does that. My fry will eat non-live foods fine so itd be great in case of emergency/variety.