Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-17-2011, 09:40 PM   #541 
Punki

I still have to learn how to properly use the camera but i snapped a few pics anyways because miss piggy suddenly has tail color today :P and Squito has some dark fin tips showing :P

See my smallest there on the left, hes growing but he just cant keep up.

Red showing also now and ventrals! :D Squito and sharky behind her

I turned the light off so the colors dont show but you can see dquito and sharkys darkened tips. Ill try to get more pics tomorrow :)
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:11 PM   #542 
Punki

OH and they turned a month old yesterday!
Old 08-17-2011, 10:28 PM   #543 
Sakura8

Happy month old birthday, you little guys! You're so adorable and I can't believe how much you've grown in a month! You look like little bettas now! It's amazing how much color they have. If I hadn't known any better I would have said Squito and Sharky were full-grown bettas because they have so much color.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:36 PM   #544 
Punki

I agree, miss piggy will now turn and ill notice a red tint to her fins here and there but squito and sharky just swim and 75% of the time are green/blue. Miss piggys colors look like oldmans, the blue and red mix on the fins. She may end up being a big ol piggy man
Old 08-17-2011, 10:37 PM   #545 
Sakura8

Do you think it's possible Miss Piggy could be a Cambodian because she still has a pale body?
Old 08-17-2011, 10:40 PM   #546 
Punki

I dont know how that would happen at all but i dunno their parents so i guess anything is possible lol. Im sortof thinking that electra might have been like most of them, white bodied, then she marbled out into a blue later on, her colors are all blotches of blue/white/pink. If i ended up with a Cambodian i think id fall over from shock but id keep it =x
Old 08-17-2011, 10:43 PM   #547 
Sakura8

It would be interesting, all right. Her tail shimmers and those little ventrals are so cute! And I can see those dark tips that Squito and Sharky have. What do you think they mean? Do you think they'll get even darker colored or maybe just their fins? This is a fun adventure, never knowing what these little guys will look like or do next. Thanks for posting so much and letting me come along for the ride, Punki.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:48 PM   #548 
Punki

I think its electras double pronged CT tips starting to show on squito and sharky.
One thing ive failed to mention is that miss piggy has me a TAD worried, when i drop food she is most excited for sure, dancing and going from top to bottom gobbling her big lips around, but ive noticed her back arches a bit more then the others, its almost as if shes spent soooo much time vacuuming the bottom that her back has permenantly arched into the position. Its no trouble for her, and it could just me her "thickness" she does have some meat on her bones for sure. Hopefully thats all it is. XD
I only have 2 left that dont run to the surface every 3-5 minutes for a gulp of air so their labyrinth organ seems to have came in without trouble :D
Old 08-18-2011, 12:18 AM   #549 
Punki

Oh and thanks for reading, sharing the excitement is half the fun XD
Old 08-18-2011, 09:53 AM   #550 
Sakura8

I hope there's nothing wrong with Miss Piggy. Could the back arch mean she's male, since the back does arch more with them?

Squito and Sharky are going to be handsome or beautiful bettas, that's for certain.