Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-18-2011, 02:22 PM   #551 
Punki

My dad showed up just now, he usually comes by daily to play with my daughter a bit but my mom has her today and i didnt expect him to come in but he said "Ive got my glasses, i wanna look at the fish, i saw one last night i love" and then he comes in and immediately points out sharky. On one hand im thinking "BUT HES SO PRETTY~" and on the other im so happy to see dad excited about and "loving" a fish baby so much, so i may gave him my spare 3g and sharky later on, he lives walking distance so i can visit sharky as much as i want and 3g is nice space for sharky. So sharky MAY go to my dad :))
Today i threw in some large mosquito larvae to see how theyd react and i was shocked, squito gobbled half of it down his throat and then sharky ripped the other half out of squitos mouth and gobbled it up, then i watched miss piggy and a SLIGHTLY smaller noncolored miss piggy do the same, so at least 4 of them can just gobble up whatever, the rest still need their smaller foods.
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:14 PM   #552 
Punki

Picture spam since ive been playing with the camera.

They were just fed lunch so they were pooping out breakfast to make room, sorry about that xD I need to mess with the lighting a bit, some turned out alittle dark but im loving this camera and its ability to focus on my babies!
Old 08-18-2011, 11:02 PM   #553 
Sakura8

I'm amazed at how some are light and some are darker. I think it would be nice if Sharky could go to your dad so you can visit him. Although it would be nice if you could keep all of them and your dad can come and visit him.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:07 PM   #554 
Punki

lol XD Hes helped so much, he deserves first pick, besides if Sharky stays the stunner of the crew dad wouldnt mind letting me breed him if i ever decided to breed again. :)
It is weird how some are dark and some light, but by day 3 they had shown the dark/light and just slowly worked colors into it.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:25 PM   #555 
Sakura8

Hehe, yeah, I guess if my dad presented me with free tanks all the time, he would deserve first pick too. That's sweet of him to help you.

It must be different with different kinds of fish. My platy fry are over a week and they all look clear with silver bellies. But some of them ARE a little darker clear and some are a little whiter but none of them have color.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:07 AM   #556 
Punki

You know i dont know what a platy looks like honestly, do you have pics of the adults/babies on here anywhere? :D
Old 08-19-2011, 12:46 AM   #557 
Punki

I also forgot to say, i was at walmart yesterday and i was looking at thier bettas, this is the walmart that i got oldman from. It seems they are only half filling the cups now, but the cups were clean, but then i saw one pushed behind all the ones on display and he was BEAUTIFUL but so so skinny, he was a purple bodied white fined with purple tips VT male whod been forgotten. His tail fin was glued together, he was swimming in his own poo, and he hadnt been fed in awhile im guessing. I wanted to buy him so bad but i just cant unless i plan to give up one more of my babies. I had some bottled spring water with me that was warm so i filled his cup on up, and put him right in front so maybe theyd notice him and change his water. I went back 2 hours later and made sure my added water had no ill effects, it was room temp and spring so i didnt figure it would and it didnt. He was such a curious little guy and he only needs some clean water and food and hed fix right up, thats the first time ive ever felt in my heart that i didnt want to leave without that fish, so it was really hard =/ My mom was with me so i kept trying to show him to her, hoping shed pity him and buy him but she was looking at makeup nearbye and when i mentioned he wasnt being cared for she just said "oh no dont tell me anymore it upsets me." SIGH... Tomorrow im gonig there to pick up some art supplies but i keep wanting to see if hes there. Everyone i know wants one of my babies, not a store bought betta but hed be so beautiful with the right care and he had the sweetest little curious face and pouty lips, he didnt look grouchy like most, he looked elegant in a way.... I wish someone on here lived closeby and would take him and heal him up, he doesnt need to be there!
Old 08-19-2011, 12:49 AM   #558 
Yaoilover12397

Aww dear...I'd buy him if I lived near you. Just hearing this makes my heart break and I'm looking for Betta to. I want to tell you to buy him but I know why you shouldn't
Yaoilover12397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:53 AM   #559 
Sakura8

I'll try to take pics of the fry but all I get are specks - the closeup on my camera is lousy.
Name:  Platy Hi Fin Female.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  26.1 KB She's the female who dropped the fry I have
Name:  Platy Twin Bar Female.jpg
Size:  38.4 KB Another female
Name:  Platy Twin Bar Male.jpg
Size:  39.5 KB The male

That's really great you happened to have the spring water so you could fill the cup of that betta. I hope someone buys him, he sounds absolutely gorgeous. I'm impressed by your self-control. I would have bought him anyway and then scrambled around my house trying to find a place to put him. >_> Not the best way to get a fish but so far I've found warm spacious tanks for all of my impulse/pity buys. Although my newest female, who is less than an inch long, is in the 10g community tank. She's the same size as the neon tetras. She's not happy but she's not unhappy. I think she's just overwhelmed by the space.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:54 AM   #560 
Punki

Yeah besides my husband killing me for having another when i have two adults and babies, i honestly just dont have the space, the tanks ive gatherd from craigslist will all go with the babies to their new owners, i wanted to make sure they all got proper sized tanks. I could technically set up the 20g and divide but im not sure how much i could divide a 20g :))
Well if anyone lives near ocala FL theres an adorable purple skinny boy at the walmart on 200 up front on the right of its display who needs some tlc!
Ill look to see if hes there still tomorrow at least. If by some miracle my husband grows a fish loving heart and it pulls at his heart then i may buy him but thats just me dreaming :P Ill snap a pic of him though at the very least.