Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-19-2011, 12:57 AM   #561 
Punki

lol Sakura, honestly i dunno how i walked away either :P I think its the heaters, were low on money now (broken down car, need to buy winter clothes for our daughter soon, bills jeep rising while paychecks dont) and ive spent enough this year on fish and breeding so i gotta keep my priorities straight, i plan to split up the 20g to hold oldman electra and two of their babies so theyd have 5g each and share a heater/filter. My house gets cold in the winter so theyd need one. But if i got this male id either have to be crafty for another section off of the 20g for him or id need to buy another heater for the 3g oldman is in now, thats the only spare ill have left once the babies are gone >.<
I wanted to do a sorority with the girls from this spawn but im starting to wonder if ill be able, with the money issues. I just need heaters, i got tanks and filters, lol ah i wish i could run across a bit of money XD

Last edited by Punki; 08-19-2011 at 12:59 AM.
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:00 AM   #562 
Punki

Oh and Sakura that second adult platy has the mickeymouse symbol on his tail! My daughter would LOVE that fish!! What are their temp/space/group requirements if you dont mind me asking, ah here i go thinking of more fish :P
Old 08-19-2011, 01:05 AM   #563 
Bettas Rule
Banned

This thread is incredible!! Thank you for being so thorough and informative! Great pictures as well !
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:06 AM   #564 
Punki

Thank you! Ive said it before People sharing it is half the fun :D
Old 08-19-2011, 01:09 AM   #565 
Sakura8

Platies are really easy, they can be kept with bettas. Same temperature. They eat community flakes or mosquito larvae and you can feed them parboiled veggies. You could keep one or two platies in a 3g or you could keep more in a 10g. If you get a female, she'll be pregnant and drop fry for you for the next several months even if you don't get a male. The fry can be live food for the bettas. If you don't want to deal with the fry, get a male. They're easy to tell because their anal fin points back toward their tail.

Here's hoping that little guy at Wal-Mart finds a new home fast. I want to get on a plane and go buy him!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:13 AM   #566 
Punki

Me also, im hoping to go back and not see him, hopefully that means someone saw him and felt the same. If hes there though ill post a picture. This forum gets so much traffic i may post it up and hope for the best :)
Old 08-19-2011, 01:16 AM   #567 
Sakura8

That's a good idea. There's bound to be someone in Florida near you who would want him if he's still there.

Maybe you could buy him, hide him somewhere, and then give him away with the rest of the fry? Just tell everyone he was a really fast bloomer. :D
Old 08-19-2011, 01:20 AM   #568 
Punki

LOL!! If only people werent coming to check them out all the time and asking how many i have XD Theres a woman at my husbands work who wants a pink/purple blue colored one if i ended up with it, maybe that could technically work, i could nurse him back to health then do that omg how evil sakura hahahahahah im laughing so hard!
Old 08-19-2011, 01:24 AM   #569 
Sakura8

Yuppers, that's me, planting evil/mischevious ideas in people's heads. I'm a bad influence.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:23 PM   #570 
Punki

Offtopic, i went back to walmart today and hes still there, still unchanged, i tipped some old water out and some fresh in but i couldnt get the poo of the bottom. Husband shook his head no but i took pics...
Heres the one i wish i could take home =[ He looks more purple and less blue in RL

and this guy was so pretty i had to snap a shot of him...

not everyday i see a yellow one there...
and i want this thing!!

though they didnt label it so i dunno what it is =/ its ugly and creepy in a cute way :P
and heres all the little guys walmart has =/

least most have cleanish water, im thinking they change the water 2 times a week from the times ive went, but the one guy i like missed out on food/water since he was hidden so now hes on the top right in front :P