Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-23-2011, 11:13 AM   #601 
Sakura8

I'm glad to hear the bettas were bought and I will say a fishy prayer that they went to a good home.

Schooling fish definitely don't bond with their owners, not the way bettas and other more solitary fish do. But even if my platy fry don't ever acknowledge me personally, I'll just be happy if they learn to come to the surface for food. Their mother doesn't so I'm never sure if she's getting enough to eat.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:24 AM   #602 
Punki

They are pretty to watch though so thats nice at least :) Yesterday when i went out i bought my grandmas goldfish some proper food, and since they dont mind bubbles i got one of those long airstones and buried it in the gravel. Bought her a nice hood proper lights so she doesnt melt the hood, and a nice carbon filter XD She gave me 25 dollars and i somehow made it go a long way xD I also put in a few live plants also so those goldfish are spoiled now XD They stick together and only come to the front to look around when nobodys near the tank. Im used to my bettas so everytime they come up front i say hi and stuff but they just swim off XD
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:45 AM   #603 
Sakura8

I'm used to feeding my bettas, that's for sure. It's so nice to have a fish that swims up eagerly waiting for food. My tetras run when I put my hand in to feed them. Honestly, all I can do is dribble pellets in and hope everyone gets a mouthful. :/

I'm so glad you're taking care of your grandmother's goldfish. Next to bettas, goldfish are the most misunderstood and mistreated fish so it's nice to hear hers will be properly taken care of.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:25 PM   #604 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
I'm glad to hear the bettas were bought and I will say a fishy prayer that they went to a good home.

Schooling fish definitely don't bond with their owners, not the way bettas and other more solitary fish do. But even if my platy fry don't ever acknowledge me personally, I'll just be happy if they learn to come to the surface for food. Their mother doesn't so I'm never sure if she's getting enough to eat.
I agree completely! I really like oscars because they are so dependable like most fish but i think they like the idea of their owner talking to them. Especially the crazy owners that talk to their fish (Including me) lol.

People dont know that fish have feelings too not as accurate as other animals but its there. Just because they cant yell out screaming because of a pain, doesn't mean that they dont have feelings.

I like solitary fish because they expect their owners to go above and beyond and if you cant do that, you shouldnt have them because that is what they deserve.

I like the fish that greet you when you walk in the door and out.

That's just my thought.

-BL2033
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:01 PM   #605 
Sakura8

Yes! I love the stories I hear about people playing ping pong ball with their Oscars, or having Oscars who roll over to have their belly rubbed. My schooling fish have each other, they don't need me. But my solitary bettas have no one BUT me so I feel obliged to pay as much attention to them as I can. Just like I would with an Oscar. But in a much smaller tank. Without the mess. Oscars are messy eaters, I hear.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:28 PM   #606 
Punki

36 days old fry major picture spam! Youve been warned :D

Squitos toxic

Poor miss piggys lonely

Three random babies

Sharky! Its alittle dark but really shows his tail tips :)

This one reminds me of miss piggy but she doesnt have color, shes just large and fat

Sharky, pretty as usual :P

Sharky and friends

Cute little squito looking at me

Squito and friends

Miss piggy

Squito and the second miss piggy :P Squito is so metallic blue when he moves but from other angles like this hes not so much.

Miss piggy :)

The miss piggy wiggle dance!

Sharky is so glittery

him again :P

My smallest eating with the others

Miss piggy giving her best sad sulky lonely look. She really wants back in with the others.

Random babies, no color lol but the one on the rights got hint of red on the fin

Squito doing a handstand with the light hitting his color just right, squito in the background

This ones got the same problem as miss piggy ALMOST, she still defends herself and doesnt hide from the others so as long as shes okay im okay. Hopefully this passes though.

The same fish eatting, i thought it was cute :P

We all know who this handsome man is

Miss piggy was wedged like this but in a tighter higher part. They all like to do it to an extent, it moves so they dont get stuck but still, im not fond of it, im thinking of removing it =x

The above baby out of the wedge spot. The colors coming into this one are interesting.

Just another shot of the colors coming in, sort of green you think?

Tiny one, being tiny, but this one will nip back, dont mess with this one lol
I also forgot to mention a little over a week ago when all that pesticide stuff was going on i found a tadpole and decided to save it from the water dumps and contaminations so its been in a jar inside. Its starting to get leg nubs though so i need to put it in a kritter keeper with some land space for it to crawl out into eventually, then ill let it go. I think its a toad =x

It eats fishfood like a pro XD
Old 08-23-2011, 07:50 PM   #607 
Sakura8

Where to even start! They're all such great pics, I can't get enough of them. Miss Piggy really does look like Coraline in some of the pics with the red coming in on her fins. And Squito and Sharky are so handsome and so sparkly! It looks like maybe both Miss Piggy and Sharky may be combtails?

I sure hope the second Miss Piggy gets over her swim bladder problems too. Miss Piggy is so adorable, she looks so grown up in her little cup. You take such great pics, Punki, you capture their little faces and their little personalities so well.

And I'm glad you rescued the tadpole. He looks cute.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:39 PM   #608 
caitic10

That tadpoles very lucky you found it! What are you going to do with it once it gets older?

Ive raised frogs before. :) Your little tadpole should be fine on fish foods like mosquito larvae and such. Once it gets older you can feed it houseflies! As a frog setup, I cover the bottom of the tank with sand and fill it halfway with water. I use rocks to make little islands f land for them to rest on. :)

Sharky is beautiful! He looks like a little betta now!
caitic10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:01 PM   #609 
Punki

Thanks sakura :) I think miss piggy, sharky and squito all have nice ct tips coming in so they will probobly be combtails. Not sure about the others yet since they arent as advanced. Miss piggy and sharkys spread is a bit wider then squitos though so they will end up with fuller tails i THINK XD
Yeah the second miss piggy problem baby is looking bloated tonight, so i think its time to remove her and limit her foods also, when not eating she rests on the bottom with her tail to the side a bit, and scoots her belly around. I think shes overeating also. She is trying to nip the ones that get in her way like miss piggy did D; Its soooo hard to catch/cup a fry! lol They come up for air but are so quick to rush back down! I was happy to get a few face closeups this time, mostely miss piggy and the one in mid-eat :P
The tadpole is just kinda interesting, a very odd thing to watch grow :)

Last edited by Punki; 08-23-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:04 PM   #610 
Punki

Caitic Im not too sure, i think i just planned on releasing it when it climbed onto the branch in its 1g jar XD Im not sure if i could manage to care for it properly with all these fish around. Im pretty sure itll be a big fat toad though so ill release it one night when they are all out and about.
Sharky is definatly the stunner of the group, with squito close in 2nd xD
Funny though because sharky got his name because he had such an "ugly" face, it looked so angry and weird when he was small, he looked like he had a sharks mouth. Now hes all pretty, he proved me wrong :P