Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-26-2011, 11:09 AM   #641 
Punki

I use one of these things to put my bbs into the baby tank

Its less messy and i can control the flow better then a baster. Theyve learned that this or a net = food so when either touch water they swim RIGHT UP TO IT and rub their bodies on it ect, its quite cute. Today i was in a bit of a rush so i was putting the bbs in and not paying full attention and i squeezed a bit too hard so there was a bit of a current as the bbs came out and sharky and squito got stress stripes XD Ive never seen oldman, electra, or any of the babies get them before today. It was cute and exciting to me :P No damage done, i never squirt it in HARD or anything but i thought it was so cute that they were like "Oh the blue tube, FOODTIME -gobblegobble- WHOA WHERE AM I GOING!?"
XD
The second baby i cupped seems to be improving, it still lays on the bottom alot but its control and the amount of effort it uses is less. Miss piggy is still the same. But from watching her alot and all of your positive experiences and thoughts im optimistic and think she will be fine. Thanks :D
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:12 PM   #642 
bettaloverforever16

Hope the bloated ones make it alright (:

Ms Piggy is so cute! She does remind me of Caraline (Excuse me if I spelt that wrong) They're growing up so well!
bettaloverforever16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:30 PM   #643 
Punki

Thank you :) Theyve started coloring up so much, everyday theres a bit of new color. Im so happy, and sad at the same time lol. Im starting to miss my tiny babies that needed 4 feedings a day, but also so happy these guys are thriving so well :D I took a few pics a bit ago..

Squito in the spotlight, sharky behind him

Squito showing off his pretty blue

A bit bright but the four big beggers in the tank

Squito was really attention seeking today. Usually hes a shy one.

A good pic of squito and sharky side by side. You can see the combtail starting to show in their tails!

This ones turning pearly white with red fins as well, like miss piggy.
I didnt get pics of miss piggy or the other one, their cups are hard to get out unless its feeding time :P
Old 08-26-2011, 06:53 PM   #644 
BlueEyes

They're gorgeous Punki. You've done a fantastic job.
BlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:36 PM   #645 
Punki

Thanks BlueEyes. As much work and worry they can be i wouldnt trade it for the world. Im really enjoying this experience :D
Old 08-26-2011, 11:11 PM   #646 
BlueEyes

That's good. I've been enjoying reading along. I don't think I'd ever be able to handle breeding, but I can't wait until I can get betta fish of my own.
BlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:51 AM   #647 
Punki

Well thats the last pic ill get of squito and sharky together because squito is a male or a very angry girl. After dropping food i watched them all get bit and hide from him as he gobbled everyones fill of food. Few ventured up to him to try and get a bit but when they did hed open wide and bite, not just nip. As i was trying to decide if i should jar him or if its him or sharky (it was dark) i saw him grab a tail, bite down, and jerk his head back. No injury but seriously aggressive behavior! They dont even flare yet, why are they being so mean D; So at exactly 6 weeks tonight i had to remove my first aggressor. I thought for sure itd be sharky! BTW a couple of questions-
Anyone know when to stop clearwrapping everything?
Anyone jarred this early? Well for aggression i mean, i thought id have 2-3 months before it started. They all peck at each other but squito was being serious tonight.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:38 AM   #648 
Amphibianite

I totally want a little pale girl lol.
They are looking wonderful you are doing a great job.
Amphibianite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:06 AM   #649 
Sakura8

Goodness, Squito is a feisty one, isn't he? I definitely laughed at your "male or angry girl" comment though. :D Are they in the 10g yet? Maybe they are showing aggression earlier because of the smaller space. Kind of a, "I want my own room now, mom! I'm too big to share a room!"

And happy 6 weeks little guys! Wow, 6 weeks. That's a full quarter of classes at some colleges.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:09 AM   #650 
Jirothebetta

I'm no help on the clear wrapping thing...but I did jar Tomiko when he was still really young, not for aggression though, (he wasn't growing very fast and I wanted to be able to keep a better eye on him) ...I think he was like maybe 4 or 5 weeks when I jarred him...he might have been a little older though
Jirothebetta is offline   Reply With Quote