Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-28-2011, 08:40 PM   #681 
Punki

They are 43 days old, ive got 5 varying size's but 4 at 1 inch right now.
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:10 PM   #682 
Punki

Last night was scary. I was watching them swim around in the big 10g. Id put in a handful of gravel from the established tank id set up for my grandma next door, and the sponge from their 3g, id even put in their 3g tank water but there was some cloudyness. So i quickly grabbed the 3g, put it IN the 10, filled it with conditioned water and scooped them into it. By morning ive got cloudness =/ Ive heard this is just part of the cycle and just change half the water out and it wont hurt a betta but i dont trust it at all. When i got oldman a 3g awhile back, i didnt know anything about the bloom and by morning i had cloudyness and oldman was almost dead, floating, lifeless, and non responsive to even the net. I put him in a cup of good water and by that night he was swimming again but the bloom had affected him so horribly! I thought he was dead =/ So i dont want to risk it. I thought sponge/handful of gravel/tank water would help keep this from happening but its still happening anyways >.< All the babies are okay and back in the 3g, im not sure what i should do now. Maybe the cloudiness will clear faster with the established gravel/sponge but the fact it came at all is making me worry D;
Old 08-30-2011, 11:53 AM   #683 
Punki

After pming ofl and following her instruction, along with grabbing the 2g filter and sponge of electras and runnnig that for a few hours, the tank cleared and readings were perfect so i slowely switched them back in. They are a bit intimidated by the space, they keep finding each other and sticking close. It takes them a bit longer to realize i dropped foods but they all figure it out before its gone. The second sbd baby is doing great, no visible sbd. Miss piggy is still wiggling along :)
Old 08-30-2011, 11:58 AM   #684 
Amphibianite

great to hear Punki sounds like they are doing fantastic.
Amphibianite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:00 PM   #685 
Punki

Yeah they are just swimming all over. It makes the tank look so so pretty, 7 little red white blue and green sparkles shimmering all around the plants. I wish this part would never end :D
Old 08-30-2011, 09:25 PM   #686 
Creat

Punki your such a great fish parent :)
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:28 PM   #687 
Punki

Aw thanks Creat :)
OFL Suggested i put miss piggy and the second sbd baby back into the tank after qt was over and even though they wiggle different they should be fine as long as they can swim up and down. Im not sure if ill put miss piggy back or not yet.
My dad suddenly went from loving sharky to liking "the deormed one" lol! Shes got personality!
Old 08-31-2011, 12:37 PM   #688 
Punki

Ive been holding off on pictures since i cant seem to get nice ones. The tank is harder to get good pics from but im just gonna post some that i took anyways. Some are too bright, sorry about that :P Now to the picture spam!
First is little miss piggy. I wont be putting her back into the tank, before trying i adjusted her epsom from 2tsp to 1/2 a tsp a gallon overnight and when i woke she was laying on her side at the bottom. Perfectly fine and resting, but its obvious shes going to need epsom or at least her own space and rest spots forever. Im currently setting her up in a 2g with plants, need to pick up more today, after that she will be out of the cup.

He/she has some pretty deep red on all fins now. Very pretty :)
Now onto the rest.

SHEW -wipes sweat-
So there they are now. Hopefully you can make them out in the distance shots. The 10g really makes them look small lol But its so pretty having them all in there :) If you didnt notice, There was no picture of the second sbd baby in a cup, thats because he/she was recovered so i tested her/him in non epsom salted water and he/she did fine so now its back in the tank with its siblings :)
Old 08-31-2011, 12:49 PM   #689 
Jirothebetta

XD I love the little pearly white ones, they are soooo cute and sharky's starting to look so grown up XD Oh, and YAY for little sbd baby getting to go back in the tank with the others, and I'm sure Piggy is going to love her new tank
Jirothebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:58 PM   #690 
Punki

Sharky catches everyones eye when they look into the tank for sure :D (he also loves to swim up and strut/dance along the glass, as you see in some pics XD) One of my whites has a green tint to it, Electra looks green with flash so im thinking itll have her looks. But yeah im pretty fond of them all. I swear when i give them away im gonig to have a freaking BOOK printed out for people on how to care for them, their previous care, their birthdate, interesting facts, background stories, and a disease sheet with treatment XD Good thing im gonig to be near the owners, i can keep tabs >=] Cant wait to see more of yours Jiro, your doing awesome :D