Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-19-2011, 04:20 PM   #61 
Punki

Electra update- Her fin regrowth is coming along fast now, theres visibly white growth on all fins that is about || long, id say by the time a month is over she will be back to her old spiky spunky self :)
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:54 PM   #62 
NCPanthersgurl

Yay fin regrowth! Also thought I'd share:

I found it! Just like she used in that cleaning vid I showed you! I bought it at a local petshop for a buck. The airstone too. Yay! >.<
NCPanthersgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:30 PM   #63 
Punki

Very nice! Well in the course of 2 hours im seeing only a few on the bubbles now, and i cant see any swimming either D;!!! Oldman doesnt look plump but he isnt tending to anything really so im about to remove him and the rotten plant and hope for the best. I hope he didnt get too hungry =x Still hoping for input for the gravel i did leave in to anchor the plants, should i remove or is it too much disturbance, or just leave it?
I counted about 15 fry still hanging, the rest im unsure of D;
Old 07-19-2011, 05:41 PM   #64 
NCPanthersgurl

Hmmm. They should be okay in there, idk why not.
NCPanthersgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:54 PM   #65 
diablo13

The plants I'm not really sure about, maybe if you can remove them without hurting the fry, but i dont think the gravel is a imidiate problemi unless the fry are getting stuck in it
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:58 PM   #66 
Punki

Removed daddy, but he fought me about it, hes upset, and he also spit out 3 fry when i cupped him so i tried to carefully baste them back into the tank, hes adjusting in his floating cup atm to his own tank. When i pulled him/rotting plant out i saw 6 scatter so i guess they are hiding in the plants :P carefully added some duckweed to the surface and hoping for the best, that i didnt disturb them too much. The numbers do seem low but hopefully they are hiding. Checked water levels and all seems well chemically, and temp is 82 with clear wrap on top so heres hoping =x
I dont think any are stuck in the gravel but when i clean i guess i will just poke the gravel area and syphen up then double check my bucket, at least its black gravel, eaiser to spot them in it.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:34 PM   #67 
Punki

Old Man: -bow-

Good job old man, if you wouldnt dry out and squish , id hug you.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:37 PM   #68 
diablo13

Let's hear it for Oldman! He finally gets a well-earned rest :D
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:47 PM   #69 
Punki

:D He did well, im guestimating i have 30 fry, i guess some could be out of sight, well see :) Some are stil swimming up and down or at a \ angle and others are able to hang by the surface at this angle - and swim, Still hoping theres more hidden but its obvious some are ahead of the rest, the ones at - angle are slightly easier to see and longer.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:25 PM   #70 
Punki

Some had empty bellies so i put a small drop of boiled egg yolk in, as they seemded to not be able to eat the bbs (they were close) and a few got yellow bellies, later i noticed that i always have these thin (thinner then a hair) white worms in my tank no matter what and i saw a fry sinking and looking..odd... then i realized it had one of those tiny worms in its mouth, it gobbled it down and had a white belly, so i looked at the few i could find against the glass and they had white bellies as well, the worms mostely stay on glass so i think they are grazing on them lol! Spaghetti~