Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-05-2011, 09:46 PM   #751 
Sakura8

You have patience, timing, and talent, Punki. I have none of the above, especially patience, haha.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:53 PM   #752 
Punki

Thanks Sakura. Todays pics :)

Miss piggy

Sharky (isnt his green upper lip cute, its very noticable in person XD)

Miss piggy again

Food time, theres a peeper behind the bridge lol

Squito

Look closely and youll see camouflage sharky!

Squito in mid beg dance showing the eggspot

My largest, most likely male, the king of the tank.
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:56 PM   #753 
Sakura8

Wouldn't it be kind of neat if Squito, Sharky, and Miss Piggy were females so you could keep them all and start a sorority? They're getting prettier by the day. And I don't care what people say about VT X CT spawns, I really love the tails on these guys a lot.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:15 PM   #754 
Punki

I plan to do just that sakura, 20g sorority heavily planted, im probably going to try to aquascape the thing and make it beautiful! Ive been looking at some artsy aquascapped aquariums and feel inspried :P I got a heater for the 20g also so it should work out amazingly. So yeah im kinda hoping they are girls XD I do also plan to keep one male, havent had any non-eggspot fish really STAND OUT to me just yet, they are all cute, but my top three from the beginning that were always the friendliest would be so nice in a big 20g :D
Yeah i saw a few places totally bash down on combtails but also saw an equal amount of people who enjoy the type. I love veiltails and crowntails the most. Granted halfmoons and all of the other types are amazing, i just would worry about tailbiting or something, i dunno, VT and CT seem to just have personality. CT has an edgy look, and VT is just elegant without being too extreme for my eyes. These guys, from what im seeing so far make me imagine a VT with a slightly wider spread and some flowy tips which looks so pretty in my mind :D Im happy with how they are turning out so far. Its been unexpected, exciting, and amazing to watch them grow, and im so curious how the white ones will turn out, will they color up their bodies or will i have pearly white bodies, or will i have light blue bodies or or... lol :D
Old 09-05-2011, 11:20 PM   #755 
Sakura8

I love my halfmoon but honestly, his tail is just too big. I think even HE thinks it's too big. It weighs him down and it always looks kind of raggedy. He hasn't tailbitten yet but I almost want him to just so he can trim his tail down a little.

I love the variety that combtails offer. Kind of the best of both worlds. :) Really, I don't think there is a kind of betta that I don't like. And I'm not interested in the "true to form" bettas. They're beautiful but so are the supposedly less than quality ones. But that's just me. ^_^
Old 09-05-2011, 11:27 PM   #756 
Punki

Thats it, i think thats why halfmoons et my pity, and fear, i think they are so so pretty, but when i watch them swim i cant help but notice they have to try alittle harder then my oldman or electra, im used to watching them zoom, but the hm intimidates me a bit i think, all the possible tailbiting which could lead to possible fin rot, i dunno, scary, i guess i just like the simplicity :D Oldmans tail is like...twice as long as it used to be when i got him and even looking back at that difference makes me go "O.O" Really, i just love a happy, friendly personality and a healthy fish. Ive read a couple of people say things along the lines of breeding anything other then the new amazing types when their is tons of petstore bettas suffering is wrong, but from what ive experienced, ive got ppl waiting, choosing to wait for one of my fish, instead of supporting those petstores :) Ive even had to turn a few ppl down that have recently asked because my fish are...over accounted for, especially if most are girls and i keep them XD The spare boys will go to a few of my closest family that are impatiently waiting XD
Old 09-05-2011, 11:30 PM   #757 
Sakura8

Yeah, there's a huge difference in how my HM swims and how my VTs swim. My HM kind . . . of putts along.
http://s1236.photobucket.com/albums/...t=MVI_1346.mp4

I'm so glad all your babies will stay close to you. After all your hard work, it's good that you'll be able to visit them and keep tabs on them.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:44 PM   #758 
Amphibianite

I personally love my HMs Thoth is so fun to watch swim, the new guy doesn't seem to have any problems and the girl is so much fun.
Amphibianite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:30 AM   #759 
Punki

Amph they definitely are amazingly breathtaking when i see them. I think i may just stare at mine so much that other types or even other species of fish swim "off" to me, itd take some getting used to. I may try one in the future, far away in the future but i guess im just a bit intimidated by them, they seem so fragile though i know they arent XD
I swear goldfish make me LOL so much, im too used to watching mine for sure lol :)
Old 09-06-2011, 12:32 AM   #760 
Punki

Aw sakura he does sputter along, i guess its sort of like how some get used to a slight current and strengthen their bodies to get around it, HM's must get some really strong muscles to carry their huge tails along. Hes beautiful though!