Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-15-2011, 05:24 PM   #811 
Punki

I changed out his water and put 1tsp in just to be safe, he laid at the bottom colorless for awhile so i put electra near his tank and suddenly he pooped and turned a deep blue purple. I guess he will survive. I was so upset with worry over him!
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:40 PM   #812 
Sakura8

Punki, phew! Good thinking showing him Electra! Lots of activity always gets their system going. I'd keep him in epsom salts for at least another two days and fast him for that long too.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:32 PM   #813 
Punki

Ill be sure to do that. Hes a bit lazy at times but as soon as electra notices him he perks up and wiggles around. Still bloated but less, his stomach isnt pineconed anymore. At first he ate, then laid at the bottom, kindof jerking his head and opening his mouth often, i was so scared =[ Since the flare poo hes just a bit lazy, i think ill leave electra in his sights overnight so he will move around and work on a nest or something, anything to keep him from just laying there. The pellets are really small, about the size of this comma , but eating i *think* 20-30 made a huge belly. Usually he gets 3 in the morning and 3 at night at most. Right now electras watching him as he nests. I dont think those two will ever feel uncompatable, everytime they see each other they go into breed mode. Thanks for the responses creat and sakura!
Old 09-17-2011, 12:19 AM   #814 
Punki

Picture time! First its interesting that Electra is turning a greenish color at times. In RL shes blue, but shimmers a green color. Heres a couple of pictures of her. Shes mommy :)

Its quite cute :)
Next is my jarred guy just hanging out, looking for a food drop.

Hes going to be really pretty i think. Hes very cute now that hes not terrorizing the others =P
Next is miss piggy stealing my shot of the one on the right eating XD

and hanging with her siblings

Her and sharky

Squito and sharky were so cute together and then they decided they were done DOH!

Later i got a quick shot of squito :)

But sharky still just kept looking for food, while the fat one behind him jiggles and wiggles :P

Then i got a better shot of the one eating from earlier (miss piggy stole the pic XD)

This ones just tired of the pictures

and a little group shot attempt :P
Old 09-17-2011, 01:00 PM   #815 
fightergirl2710

Ah finally! I'm done lol! I love all these guys so much! Sharky has an awesome mask and Ms. Piggy's blush is just adorable! I can't wait for my babies to have babies lol! Thank you so much for sharing all of your experiences so thoroughly! People can learn a lot from this thread (me included) I'm totally following your updates :D
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:13 PM   #816 
Punki

Thanks fighter! Im shocked you made it all the way through! lol :)
Im having a hard time deciding which ones i will keep, its so hard to think of saying goodbye to any of them at ALL, even when they will just be a walk away in most cases. Im so excited to see how their fins grow and what colors they end up being.
So does anyone remember when i said my dad dropped off a 20g tank? Well i finally pulled it out and its not 20g its 30g o.o
SO! I want to keep my girls, i have a 10g and a 30g, (random 3-5 gallons but no heaters for them, just for the big tanks) ive got my mesh and aquarium silicone ready but the question is, do i move the babies to the 30g and remove the boys as needed, keeping 1 to divide 3 ways in a 10g and leave however many girls in the 30g for life? The 10g will have oldman, electra, and a baby, so that means i can keep only one male from the spawn and i know i want to keep sharky if hes male, but id also like to keep a lighter colored boy also, but dont have the room in a 10g to do that. THEN i thought of keeping the babies where they are, in the 10g, removing boys as needed and having the sorority in the 10g, and dividing the 30g into 4-5 spaces, then i could keep 2 males, oldman, and electra in that, and sorority my girls in 10g. I guess it depends on how many girls i end up with if the 10g will work, i have 9 babies total, id think 3-4 girls in 10g would work if its heavily planted but im not sure. I laid in bed last night thinking about this for ages so if anyone has any input id love it :)
Old 09-17-2011, 02:29 PM   #817 
fightergirl2710

Lol! I thought I was the only nut who has sleepless nights thinking about fish!
How long is the 30? How much of the length would each betta get? A ten sorority sounds good but then what if you want to add more girls, 30 is a better option for that.. But then I really want you to keep a light bodied male, I've always seen female light bodies and I want to see how a male would look! Lol! And Sharky too (I really dig his mask :D) so I would go with dividing the 30... I confused myself. >:
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:45 PM   #818 
diablo13

I would give you an answer, but that post just seriously confused me 0.0
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:13 PM   #819 
Punki

lol sorry XD Hm.. Maybe i can word it better...
I have a 30g and a 10g.
If i divide the 10g i can divide it 3 ways and keep only one of my male fry. But keep all my females in 30g

if i divide the 30g (its long) i can keep 2-3 male fry but then the females would be in the 10g.
Im lost on which to divide up, because id like to keep 2 males but that only leaves the option of dividing the 30g and leaving the females in the 10g. Theyd be sisters, never separated, and the tank would be heavily planted but im still hesitant as to if itd be okay. Im really wanting to start setting up tanks though so i have to decide.
Fighter the 30g is about 4 1/2 feet long so with 4 bettas theyd each have about a foot width and front to back would be about 2 feet. Theyd roughly get 7 gallons each.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:14 PM   #820 
Sakura8

If you only have 3-5 girls, keep the sorority in the 10g with lotsa plants and divide the 30g. That's my advice. I have a 6 girl sorority in my 10g and the girls in there didn't even have the benefit of starting out as sisters but they get along fine now. I think your girls will be okay in the 10g. But as for when to move them around, I'm not sure.

By the way, that's one of the cutest photo bombs yet. They are beyond words adorable and I love how I can always pick out Miss Piggy because of her rosy cheeks.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote