Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-17-2011, 08:42 PM   #821 
Punki

Thanks sakura :) I guess ill just hold back and see how many females i have, if i have more then 4-5 ill put them in the 30, divide up the 10 and suck it up and buy a heater for the 3g small tank i have, just to keep them all. I was trying to avoid buying a third heater XD
They are getting so much easier to get pics of :D
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:47 PM   #822 
Sakura8

At what age do you think you'll be able to tell if they're male or female?

And how is Old Man doing?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:16 PM   #823 
Punki

Anytime between now and in a month, im still waiting, i guess an expert may be able to tell, but i cant say 100% for sure. Sharky has a eggspot but also very thick longish fins, so he contradicts himself and i just dont know :P I hear the sure way is once you jar an aggresive one and they bubblenest then its male. So far my jarred aggressive one hasnt nested though so i dont know XD The only one i am really sure of is squito. The duller coloring, the smaller fins, shirter tail, and eggspot all lead be to believe shes a girl. Shes the only one who has stress stripes everytime i feed them so she just seems like a she also :P I wish i had an expert that could just look in and tell me how many girls i got XD
Old 09-17-2011, 09:35 PM   #824 
Sakura8

Has OFL taken a look at the pics? She might be able to tell. That's funny Squito gets stress stripes at meal time. One of my other girls does too.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:32 PM   #825 
Punki

Shes seen the pics and told me how to tell but i simply cannot do it lol XD
Yeah squito is like "Oh its food, im so...excited...omg shrimp! How will i ever eat all of these, look at all these pigs, i better eat faster, oh no i missed one **STRESSSSSSS*" lolol!
Old 09-17-2011, 11:48 PM   #826 
Sakura8

Squito is soo cute! My girl is more like, "Aaaah, it's feeding time and all my sorority sisters are swimming on top of me! Aaaah, they're pushing me to the bottom of the tank! Aaah, someone just jumped on my head! Aaaah!"

And Electra's color change is very interesting. She's still absolutely gorgeous!
Old 09-17-2011, 11:53 PM   #827 
Punki

Im not quite sure how old electra was when i got her. I just know oldman looks massive beside her. Maybe its just her aging process, but the green tint kindof explains sharky alittle. When i look in my tank i find it hard to grasp that these fish are all from the same parents lol! I forgot to update you on oldman. I fasted him...till tonight, while feeding electra he jumped out of his water so high :O i heard a little ploop as he flopped back in, so i decided to give him 1 pellet to munch till tomorrow, then ill feed him normally. Hes pooping and swimming fine. It was a close call, he was really uncomfortable for the first 4-5 hours though. Scary to see him lose all his color like that.
lol aw your poor girl, instead of agoraphobia, she has afishaphobia *insert corny laugh*
Old 09-18-2011, 12:02 AM   #828 
Sakura8

Haha, she probably does have afishaphobia! I should try to shoot a video of feeding time in the sorority, it's crazy. They jump around so much they literally splash me.

I'm so glad Old Man's doing better. Yay Old Man! But you can always count on Electra to give him new life. Yay Electra!
Old 09-18-2011, 01:55 AM   #829 
Punki

Electra is the queen of the castle, and such a flirt :))
Old 09-18-2011, 03:30 AM   #830 
fightergirl2710

Tranny had an eggspot for a long long time, then he had a major fin growth spurt and I was all, "You're a dood?" I had almost put him in my sorority! XD The 30 divided sounds good! I think you can divide it further later on as well... All of them can get 3.5 gallons each and you'll have double the bettas muahahaha! *is getting carried away*

Good to hear Oldman's better ;)
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote