Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-06-2011, 11:31 PM   #911 
Punki

lol I didnt intend to, i had 60-70 fry and i fed them tiny live mosquito larvae and other microrganisms and squito got stuck in the net, at the time they were like, little lint balls and i didnt notice, went back outside to scoop out more food for them and i guess i deposited her in there. About a week later i was checking on the larvae bucket (id also been QTing some duckweed in it) and as i went to scoop mosquito larva she swam into the duckweed so i pulled it all out and found her. She was twice the size of the rest of the spawn, they hadnt even gotten tails yet but she had one! For 2 week i kept her in a little jar, since the duckweed had came from my canal out back i wasnt 100% sure if she was a betta or a minnow. Later she got some blue shimmer to her so i acclimated her into the fry tank without issue.
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:34 PM   #912 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punki View Post
lol I didnt intend to, i had 60-70 fry and i fed them tiny live mosquito larvae and other microrganisms and squito got stuck in the net, at the time they were like, little lint balls and i didnt notice, went back outside to scoop out more food for them and i guess i deposited her in there. About a week later i was checking on the larvae bucket (id also been QTing some duckweed in it) and as i went to scoop mosquito larva she swam into the duckweed so i pulled it all out and found her. She was twice the size of the rest of the spawn, they hadnt even gotten tails yet but she had one! For 2 week i kept her in a little jar, since the duckweed had came from my canal out back i wasnt 100% sure if she was a betta or a minnow. Later she got some blue shimmer to her so i acclimated her into the fry tank without issue.
WOW, thats why she is so tough! The duckweed living situation, toughened her up! Lol.

-BL2033
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:37 PM   #913 
Punki

YES i find it amazing that 4 dragonfly nymphs took out 60 of my fry in a week, yet she lived with those same nymphs in a bucket all that time, in varying temps and unconditioned well water, with every other day water changes (warm sunny water half emptied and replaced with cold well water) and didnt go into shock or anything. Shes tough, but when i feed her she gets stress stripes, shes a silly girl XD
Old 10-07-2011, 01:27 AM   #914 
Sakura8

They're so wiggly! *wiggle wiggle wiggle* I'm in love with the little guys.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:30 AM   #915 
Punki

:D There you are Sakura, i havent seen you on as much lately in the disease section, i hope all is well with you! You could see their stomach (especially miss piggy's) were full but that doesnt stop them from doing "the jig" :))
Old 10-07-2011, 01:54 AM   #916 
Sakura8

Hi Punki. I'm doing okay, just working through a weird sleep disorder. Some days I sleep for 14 hours or more and am tired a lot. @_@ I've been told it's a vitamin D deficiency so I'm taking supplements but I guess they haven't kicked in yet.

How cute your dad's betta blew a nest already. Is that the first confirmed bubblenest from one of the fry?
Old 10-07-2011, 01:55 AM   #917 
Punki

Yep, its the one and only so far but the rest are in a filter so they couldnt if they wanted XD It was funny hearing dad say "Do i really need to change his water today? He JUST built this bubble nest thing" cause ive BEEN THERE XD
Old 10-07-2011, 03:06 AM   #918 
Sakura8

Yup, haven't we all. Why oh why do they love to build bubblenests right before water change days?
Old 10-07-2011, 03:09 AM   #919 
Punki

As soon as they get comfy, we suck it all away xD
Well i hope you get to feeling better sakura, ive been there lately because im trying 2 antianxiety/antidepressants and some days im hyperactive and some days i dont want to move. Kepp fighting the good fight :)
Old 10-07-2011, 03:11 AM   #920 
Sakura8

Thanks, Punki. You too. I know how you feel. Any time I start a new med, I get all the fun side effects right away even though the stupid medicine doesn't kick in for a month. I'm on Cymbalta now, was on Zoloft.